Dying grandmother

Discussion in 'General' started by Dark_Angers, Mar 17, 2009.

1. She had a heart attack, and had a double bypass, but things do not look hopeful. She took care of me since I was a kid. When I would get out from class she would be there to pick me up if my mom was busy. I would stay there on vacations, and she would teach me math. She was a big part of my life. I keep replaying my experiences with her in my head, but I am unable to cry. I tear up sometimes, but I can't cry. Maybe because she hasn't died yet, and I am hoping for her to pull through.

2. dam man that's extremely unfortunate
    but dont sweat it if you dont cry
    i was really close to my dad and he died of cancer and i didnt cry when he died
    i thought i was a heartless bastard but i think i went into some kind of psycological defense mechanism
    just make sure to spend ever last minute with her and try to prepare yourself for the innevitable
    it sounds like she had a good life so i'm sure she's ready to go!
    sorry again man i know how tough that shit can be :(

3. #3 illadelphin, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
    hey I feel you man.. my grandma was a big part of my life. She died of heart failure like 5 years ago.. I dont think I have thought much of it because it was when I was pretty young (13) and have not really considered the ramifications of her passing. My thoughts and condolences go out to you, brother. All I can say is, well pretty trite. Hang in there, and if the worst does happen she will be in a better place and will always be with you. my father also passed away in 2006, same applies for him.. I havent really dealt with it, I am rather callous i guess..

4. #4 stoned budda, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
    My thoughts and prayers are with you man. When my dad died i could not shed a tear, i dont know why. but a couple of months later i found myself thinking about him and crying. We all grieve in our own ways.

5. Sucks bro and I feel ya cuz my grandfather just had another heart surgery and he ain't doing very well. He was supposed to pass away weeks ago and like you I don't think its really hit me yet.

6. aaww
    im so sorry i hope shell make it through

my grandma raised me and i know id be devistated if something would ahppen to her..

grandparents are really like parentsx2

i really hope things go well and if not...well...lets not think about it now..
    keep us updated

good vibes comein ur way and ur grandmas way..

7. She died on the 21st. It hasn't hit me until now. All in one wave like a fucking wall popped out of nowhere and I ran into it. She is part of the reason I am here today. I saw her pretty often growing up. She lived two blocks away from my house. She was always bringing food over with her around everyone ate well. She learned how to use a computer at 80 years old. She would send e-mails with her photoshopped holiday cards of the family. She lived life all the way to the end. Never needed a cane, wheelchair, she lived on her own, she was fit and could walk all around the city shopping. How could someone this healthy just die. All of this is now gone a person who is around me my entire life who I have known since birth just goes. I cannot stop replaying memories in my head, and it just makes me sadder. It all feels like a dream, or a movie, but her burial is in three days, and going to it is just going to make her death all the more real.

8. #8 coldcheese, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2009
    i feel you man, for real. i'm sure a lot of people on here do. it's just the way of life, man. people pass. and life goes on. it's fucking sad but inevitable. i dread the days any of my relatives die. and i've gone through some very depressing experiences from the losses of my loved ones. everyone has.

but hey man, keep your head up.

i don't know what you believe in religion wise, but man just always know she's gonna be waiting up there for you with open arms. along with every single other person you know. if you believe in heaven that is.

i wish i could say something powerful to comfort you man.

but when i was going through a relative situation, nothing anyone could do or say would really help me feel better. it would get my spirits up, but it wouldn't in any way mend the hole that was left after my grandpa's passing. so no matter what i say you're still gonna feel the way you do. but i really do hope you feel better about shit, man.

i hope things look up for you dude.

9. #9 Dank0ne, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
    I know how it feels to lose someone you love, i lost my older sister when i was 11. But i truly believe there just may be something after death, so that keeps me from feeling bad.

Your grandmas in my thoughts and i wish her and your family all the best

10. #10 Kramer, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2009
    It can take years for one to fully begin to mourn someone's passing.

Trust me. I speak from way too much experience.

Edit - Dude, I hope you do ok recovering through these hard times, man.

11. The power of the goodness that she provided and all of the memories you have should be a reason for joyous celebration. As sad as it is that she isn't here any longer the gift of her presence will always be with you and in you. On some level all of us know that death is lurking around the corner and can spring at any moment, your grandmother had the opportunity to live a long and productive life, try to celebrate the fact that it was not that it's gone, because in the end, that's all we can ever do.

"I still miss those I loved who are no longer with me
    but I find I am grateful for having loved them. The
    gratitude has finally conquered the loss."

~Rita Mae Brown~

12. I know how you feel man. My grandmother died a few months back and my brother in law died in a horible accident a few days ago.

I feel your pain and just know your not alone.
    Think of the good time. It helps.

:(