DXM Trip

Discussion in 'General' started by drumdude, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Hey guys. I went out and bought some Robatussin cough gel caps. 15mg of DXM in each pill, I have never tripped before in my life. I would like some visualizations. I weigh about 115, I'm short. How many would you recommend that I take for my first time? Will it make me throw up, or will I be fine? How long should I expect the effects to last?

2. Honestly, fuck the DXM. For your first trip you want a good one like mushrooms,acid or something like 2c-e. Not some cheap high that you buy in a CVS, that wont give you a real trip like the above mentioned will. Visualizations will be very weak, if any at all, compared to a real trip.

However, if you insist on doing it, I would take half to maybe 3/4 the bottle since your small. Since you have the pills I doubt you will throw up. It should last like 4-6 hours tops.

But really, reconsider it.

3. I would like shrooms or something else for the first time, but it's just not possible for me. You make it sound like DXM trips are bad or something. Is there anything bad about them where I shouldn't have my first trip be on that or is it going to be worth doing?

I already have the pills, but they cost me $5 for 20, so I'm not too concerned if I don't take them.I just really want to experience a trip. I know that it's clearly not going to be the same as dropping some acid, but it is a starting place for me.

4. Ehh DXM trips are notorious to being uncomfortable and not really that well liked. I mean some people definitly love it but I think more people dont like it than people do.I dont think a DXM trip would be a good introduction to tripping at all.

But everyone loves mushrooms and acid haha.

5. i actually disagree completely, shrooms are notorious for being uncomfortable, especially if you've never done a hallucinogen before...
    utilize dxm because the first few trips are the greatest, my suggestion is to go to the 3rd plateau a couple times, beats any shrooms trip in my book.

6. Well its all personal preference, Im just stating mine. I took n 8th of shrooms my first time and it was just me followed by some bong rips and absolulty loved it and had one of the most AMAZING times of my life.

7. first trip id take 40 of those pills

8. DXM trips suck, take it from me. I couldn't tell you how many pills, though. I always have just downed a bottle of Robotussin.

9. Since you're so small, the bottle would probably have you feeling pretty good. I'd recommend going to 400mg if you want to be sure it's a stronger trip for you.

You might throw up. Some people can't control it very well and end up puking, but it is in your best interest to keep it down if you can

Good luck, have fun :smoke:

I'll probably be joining you in the Dextroverse tonight :D

10. dxm is alright, its a dissosciative like pcp or ketamine, not a psychedelic the first time i took it, i had a blast just make sure, dxm is the only active ingrediant, although glurchin or whatever it's called is ok, if your desperate. just make sure it dosint have acetrophine. cause that will seriously fuck up your liver in large quantities, the best prudoct i found is delsym cough syrup it comes in an orange flavor, least chance for making you throw up, i drank a small delsym then popped a small box of those 15mg pills through out the night. i think i had around 700mg in all, make sure you have some place to sit down though when it first hits you i had to lay down for a while, but as i sat their slowly poping the 15mg tablets i started getting lots of energy and this kind of warm clearheaded drunkeness feeling, i felt like a rockstar the rest of the night, about a month ago i tried it again i got lazy though and just bought a large cvs version of robittusin maximum strength i then downed the wholething, do not do this the dxm hits you all at once and comes on extremly hard, i ended up throwing up a few times then tripping balls for an hour lying in bed, thats why i would stick to delsym which slowly enters your system over time and the pills, over all its not as safe or fun as LSD but if thats all you can get, just go easy with it.you can find more information about it here.
    http://dextroverse.org/sources.html

11. I'm starting to swallow pills. Let's see what happens..

12. Another quick question...how long until the effects start to kick in??

13. search for a dxm dose calculator on google

14. generally, 45 min-1 hour and 20 min

15. I used to eat way too many of those fuckin pills.. 20-35, 2 or 3 times a week for a while. A friend and I each ate 60 on a few occasions

anyway for a first time 20 is fine, give it an hour and a half to hit, the gelcaps take an hour or so to dissolve

16. I have 20 gelcaps in my stomache, now i just have to wait for the effects to kick in.

17. 2.5 hours later and its starting to kick in and i feel great. my mind is not yet affected, but my body is amazing. i really feel the effects when i walk.

18. how ya feelin' man?

19. if you start to feel shitty just puke it gets better after that

20. yeah the pills are probably better, when i done it i drank a bottle of the liquid robotussin, it really tastes disgusting.