dxm questions

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by iBeezy, Mar 10, 2009.

1. #1 iBeezy, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    i got two 4 oz. bottles of adult robitussin dm.

the active ingrediants say

active ingrediants (in each 5 ml tsp):
    dextromethorphan hbr, usp 10 mg;
    guaifenesin, usp 100 mp

EDIT: I'm going to drink it, but I'm far stoned, hahah 3 blunts and im high as hell, would this throw off my trip? and I got some more bud if needed!

2. anyone ? :\

3. Extracting DXM HBr is more work than extracting DXM poli, plus you got the Robo with something other than DXM in it. I'm not sure if an agent lemon extraction will remove the guaifenesin from it or not, you can look it up on Erowid to find out.

The guaifenesin will make you puke if you just down the bottles though, so keep that in mind...and next time don't buy/lift/whatever anything other than a cough syrup with DXM ONLY.

4. yeah, I had a friend get it for me while I was working, he just snatched it and brought it back to me. I wasnt expecting this, I'll look for extraction methods a little more before I decide to drink it.

5. Extracting DXM HBr will mean you need lemon juice, naphtha, ammonia, and the syrup itself. If you don't have all of that, you might as well just throw the shit away. One bottle has about 236mg of DXM and 2360mg of guaifenesin, and that amount of guaifenesin will make you puke

6. hey broskie, I just found the bottle I had last night too, it's:

Multi Sympton Day Time cold/flue Relief. 10 fl oz's.

this has the HBR in it too, but I can get that stuff real easy.

7. If you've got something for cold/flu relief chances are there's APAP and shit like pseudoephedrine in there, which definitely aren't good in any kind of extreme doses (like the kind needed to trip off DXM).

Again man, if you want to trip off DXM it's important to have something with DXM only. Overdosing on some of that other shit can be hell or fatal (most of the DXM overdoses on the books come from people taking Coricidin).

8. Don't extract with just two bottles, it's a big process, so stock up on 10 or so 4oz bottles before doing an extraction. Yes the agent lemon tec. would remove the guaf.

I can drink 8oz of the 10/100mg syrup and not throw up, guaf. doesn't always make you sick.

9. Acetaminophen and pseudephederine are too tricky kitchen chemistry to extract. It won't work with the basic acid-> base neutralization (The NH3, NaOh, KOH, what ever base you use) wont get rid of those ingrediants. It will however get rid of guaifenesin. If you have somthing that is dxm only, you really don't need an extraction (if there if guaifesin, you may want to extract it, but I personally tollerate the nausea well in comparison to some stories I've heard here).
    OP: doesnt matter what method you use, you just need a strong base (as pure as possible), from there the chemistry is easy. Basically the strongest base you can buy at hardware/grocery stores will do.

I also highly reccomend using napatha or xylene during the extraction (give you a purer product and makes drying easier)

10. I am most likely just going to go get some delsym and use the extraction method for that, and probably chug the robitussen.

thank's for the information though bro

11. That would be my recommendation. Extracting Polistirex is sooo simple and only takes a couple hours.

I would not, however, recommend chugging the robo with Guaifenesin. Do some more research on the subject, anything other than dxm is pretty dangerous.

12. I recommend overnight, you will literally get twice the extract, try it some time and you will see the results...

13. Fuck it, I'm chuggin!

14. Might as well. Guaf will make you nauseated but I wouldn't call it fatal. Good luck.

15. Oh, I did.

I was just saying that you only need a few hours to get dxm, waiting longer naturally yields more.

16. he probably blew chunks.

pseudoephedrine has recreational value but would probably kill him in the amounts in a bottle of dxm syrup. just throwing that out there for all the misinformed.

17. your the misinformant, I drank one bottle in 10 minutes, the other in about 10, i had nausea but I maintained it. I didn't throw up once.

18. ey ey, listen up, bitch. most people throw up with the guaf in their syrup. you are one of the only two people i have heard not throw up while ingesting this substance recreationally out of the hundreds i have talked to. and also i'm talking about those misinformed about the pseudoephedrine but hey, OD if I care. have fun approaching situations and doing drugs you have no prior knowledge of.