DXM questions

Discussion in 'General' started by brosive, Jan 18, 2008.

1. i have never tried dxm before but have a bottle of cough syrup that contains roughly 165 mg of dxm hbr
    dxm hbr is the only active ingredient
    my question is how much should i drink? i am pretty small i only weigh about 115 pounds and i want to be high for a few hours

2. 165mg isnt much. Drinking the whole thing might get you to the 1st plateau.

3. anything under 350mg sucks pretty much

get a bottle of robo cough gels eat them all (350mg)

4. do you know how long the effects would last for?

5. www.erowid.org

6. actually, its 300mgs, 20 pills x 15mg's each=300mg's

7. Make sure you smoke weed whenver you dose some dxm. Makes the trip 100% better

8. you won't trip with that amount...you'll get some body effects...bout it...head change maybe?
    oh yeah everytime you do dxm always smoke some weed...it makes it 100% better :smoking: :hippie:

9. What do you guys think of taking DXM on its own without weed? Im going for a week or two smoke break but Ive wanted to try DXM for awhile. Any good without weed?

10. no smoke?...then do a alot more than you usually would do...say 1000mgs?800mgs? the highest I ever done was 1300...shit was intense...i was fuucked up..but I was smoking, speeding, and ya tripping...

11. At that weight 300mg's and more is what you need.

Take 20 cough gels for 300mg's. Id say try 450mg's - 600mg's first time and ahve a great time. Go walk around see how ya feel :D

You don't need bud it just makes it better but even on it's own it's just fine.

12. Most I ever did was 1416mg (2 8oz CVS Max Strength Cough). That was pretty insane, I was sitting on the front lawn of my friends house at like 2am trying to eat crackers and drink water to make sure I didn't die, heh. This was also the same night I was walking around with some friends (I love to go for walks on dissociatives) and they decided to randomly go into the sewer and explore so all I see is them disappearing into the street, then one of them popped back out and gave me a bag of chips and told me to "Protect" them at which point he disappeared again. I eventually made it back to the house after having no clue where the hell I was and I swore they died and me and the one guy's gf went driving around trying to pick their dumb asses up (she was driving).

edit - Oh yeah, we usually refer to using dxm as "Going to africa" after the one time we did and went walking around in a park, but that's another story.

13. it will get u into the first plateau...if u don't like the taste just go with corcidin...if u take all 16 at once your get nausious after like an hour but i've figured out a method thats better is to just take the first 8 and wait for them to kick...they usually don't cause any sickness and when they kick in after about 5 minutes take the other 8....its great

14. also a box of ccc is only 480 milligrams which will get u into the third plateau so it will be a good trip...usually u don't flip out thinking your gonna die or some shit...anything past the third plateau is dangerous and usually is harmful

15. Triple C is horrible for you, get some Robo gel caps with ONLY DXM in them.

16. 480mg's is not enough for 3rd plateau, learn your trip levels. Go on dextroverse and learn everything you can.

Coricidin often makes people feel like there dying because of the cpm.

Don't offer harmful advice, this should be about harm reduction.

Anything past the 3rd plateau isn't more dangerous it's just a higher trip level like on mushrooms or lsd. It be safer if you do DXM only and not add an actual dangerous/deadly chemical cpm.

DXM is very harmful if abused period, do people care? No.

Im tired of people offering dangerous advice instead of harm reducing advice, it should be a rule on here also for harm reduction. Offer dangerous advice and you get banned.

17. I wouldn't suggest doing it every day, or every week for that matter, but it's not that bad in moderation. If you're referring to Onley's lesions that argument has been disproven.

18. well i thought id update

last night i went to fred meyer and picked up a bottle of robo cough gels with only dxm in them and a bottle for a friend
    we each took all 20 pills(300mg) and commenced on smoking a generous amount of weed, after a half an hour we were both very high but it was like a super intense body high, almost like being drunk. i think next time i will take 400 mg.

19. i agree.

20. i have been wanting to try dxm i am almost 300 pounds (i know im a fat ass) how much u think i should take?