DXM(questions please help)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by jack herra, Jan 23, 2009.

1. ive always thougt drinking cough syrup was kind of a desprite way of getting high but ive been hearing alot about it so i want to try it but i have 2 questions i want to find out before i do,now most cough syrups have dxm(dextromethorphan hydrobromide)an other ingreadaints but ive heard that your only supossed to do the ones with only dxm,is it ok to do it with other active ingredaints in it,also whats the right doseage for someone trying it for the first time.i would like to hear from people that have done it any info would be great.thanks

2. Do not have any other ingredients. You'll puke and/or damage your liver.I'd say for a first time do between a half a bottle and a bottle depending on your comfort with it. Go to either the dextroverse or erowid and read up on all this first.

3. people say don't drink syrups with anything but dxm, but the guaf shit doesn't hurt unless you have a horribly weak or empty stomach.

4. 1 Zicam Max Cough Spray has .55 ounces with 391mg's of DXM. Hardly any other ingredients and they are all inacitive ingredients. 1 of those is a good dose imo. Make sure to have a chaser to get rid of the taste. I use orange juice and sour warheads for this purpose immediately after drinking.
    It is great for chilling in your room and listen to trippy music. I find Pink Floyd (Piper at the Gates of Dawn) great to listen to on DXM. It takes about an hour to kick in.

5. I've done DXM quite a bit, more so than just about everything except marijuana, and I have to say, my favorite method out of them all (I've tried Coricidin, Zicam, CoughGels, Robo) is to get 2 bottles of Robitussin Cough (it will say cough in orange) and this will have only DXM and no other harmful ingredients. Some guy above me said don't worry about the guafinisen...lol..yeah, as long as you really love puking and feeling like you're dying for 1-2 hours, then don't worry about it!

Also, before you take the cough syrup, taking an anti-emetic (benadryl, meclizine, dramamine) and about 1/2 tablespoon of citric acid/lemon juice about will pretty much eliminate any and all nausea you might have had.

If you want more of a psychedelic trip, space out your taking of the Robo for about an hour. If you want a disassociative trip, take it all within about ten minutes. Avoid eating for several hours before hand. This has to do with the metabolization of DXM to DXO. Drinking grapefruit juice or seville orange juice before your trip will also greatly potentiate it.

Also, just wanted to say 2 bottles is my personal dosage and this sends me well into the 4th plateau (I'm 6' 145lbs) so if I were you I would probably ease into it a little more.

And cannabis is your best friend before, during, and after a DXM trip. :smoking:

P.S. - If I was you I would stay away from Zicam...it seems appealing due to high DXM content and tiny amount of liquid, but every time I have done Zicam I can barely remember any of the experience, and the comedown is one of the worst feelings I've ever had.

6. How are the CoughGells? I found a link for Robotussin CoughGells which have 15mg per gell thingy so how many shuld I take?

7. Strange. I've had no problems with Zicam Max though I don't attempt to go to the 4th plateau. Every time I took Robo, I got nauseated but I guess you got it all figured out beforehand how to avoid this.

8. you must have a weak stomach because i can drink three bottles in one night and not be sick at all.

9. This is Pandora. Doing things to harm yourself is what we do best here. :D

10. dude quit your bitchin man i just turned 18 in november,i made this thread to obtain useful infomation about dxm before i try it.to tell you the truth i didnt really make this thread to here about your opinions on brain devolpment,you could make a thread for that tho.

11. He could but don't bring it to Pandora. The box is for controversial topics. Not exactly the right and popular things to do but for what outsiders like to experience. Heroin, meth, crack, and etc.

12. I would take two bottles of them, which is 40 pills. That is 600mg and should work fine. I am pretty experienced though and usually take around 800-1000mg and that is pretty strong. You should start out with one bottle of them, which is 300mg and are usually a bit less than $5 regular or generic at CVS or Walmart.

13. hey today i drank some promethazine an codeine,then took a bunch of hydros, i heard that promethazine makes opiuts more ponitent,is that tru?

14. isn't there something that says pandora's box isn't "the other drug" box?

15. I hardly call feeling nauseous due to downing two bottles of extremely thick, horrible tasting cough medicine full of all sorts of thickeners and sweeteners a weak stomach.:rolleyes:

16. I never really thought it was that bad.... Recently I had some generic stuff that tasted particularly bad, but 8oz fof liquid isnt horrible at all

17. try eating something before dosing. i would consider anyone unable to hold down 8oz of cough syrup as having a weak stomach. but then, i would also say that you did not shop around for the right syrup.

18. One thing to say.
    Triple C's (coricidin cold & cough) really isn't too dangerous if you're careful.
    I've always preferred them due to a harder trip [because of the second ingredient] and I've taken upto 25 with no problems [even though I'll never go above that]. I think where problems occur is jus when you take more than you can psychologically handle. Then you'll FEEL like you're dying...

But regardless, what's a SHITLOAD of fun is mixing robo and triple c's...

My last trip [this weekend] was 15 Triple C's and a whole 8oz bottle of CVS Max Strength Tussin. The trip to end all trips. It fucking redefined euphoria for me.
    So I suggest mixing the two at equal levels, because the triple c's still provide a harder trip, but the robo helps to keep it in check

19. Coricidin is DXM. Mixing Coricidin with robo is just giving you more DXM.

Nobody listen to this kid. Triple C's aren't good for you, and 15-25 definitely aren't good for you. This shit will catch up to you eventually buddy.

I also fail to see how, unless you're gargantuan sized, an almost 1000mg trip can be euphoric. Euphoria drops off after the second plateau for almost everyone.