DXM Frequency

Discussion in 'General' started by astro, Aug 20, 2005.

1. I took a dose of DXM that was about 7mg/kg (600mg total) a couple days ago, when is it both (a) safe and (b) fun to do again? By "fun" I mean how long after a dose does it take for the body to loose it's tolerance for DXM? And by safe I of course mean brain damage or any other ill effects from taking another dose too soon.

2. to tell you the truth i dont know but everywhere i see people are always like i do it every 4-6 months because of brain damage and stuff. Its suppost to be really bad for you i would just follow what most people do all over diffrent forums and wait a few months.

I only do it once a year just because of brain damage and stuff i dont wanna risk anything or kill any of my insides with that stuff.

3. Well, I've read the DXM FAQ (the whole one) a few months ago, and from what I gathered there are really 2 dangers to DXM use: Taking it with other active ingredients (so basically people drinking bad cough syrup) and interactions with other drugs (anti-depressants, etc). There is a small group of people who think they may have damage from DXM due to repetative, daily use over a long period of time, but they were hardcore dexers, taking 1000mg at a time and so forth.

Thanks for the advice though. I'll wait to try again until someone can confirm or deny that I'll be OK taking it again (second plateu dose) or I find the section in the full DXM FAQ (it's long) that says how long a person should wait.

Ok, I found it in the FAQ. It says using it more than once or twice a week may be harmful for users: "Like alcohol (and unlike marijuana), constant or frequent (more than once or twice a week) use may be dangerous. Although not everyone seems susceptible, a very few daily high-dose users may have seriously and permanently fried their brains." I read further and found this: