DXM - Dosage and Safety

Discussion in 'General' started by LieutenantDank, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Does anyone have any information about the dosage and safety of DXM when used as a recreational drug? I've been reading about it, and it seems a lot of people like the effects. However, I haven't been able to find much information of how much I should take, or how safe it is.

I'd like the following information if anyone can provide it:

--Recommended dosage per person
    --How much is considered to be a risky dosage towards overdosing
    --Possible medical problems it can cause
    --Any negative effects
    --Personal experiences

Thanks!

2. i'd recomend 600 mg, if you wanna blow acid out the water, take like 1100 mg
    dont go over like 1800 mg, anythung more and your breathing slows noticeably..u could be alergic and get what people call a "roboitch", as for after effects, you gonna feel a lil odd the next day, id say pop at nite, but no tooo late...haha if u pop any later then like 1am, your gonna be retarded when you wake up

3. Yeah, 600mgs is good, maybe a 100mg less if you dont want to get too "out there"

Negative effects are that, every time I've taken dxm(about 7-8) I have puked.

It'll last about 4-6 hours and darkness is your friend;) And STAY INSIDE the outdoors, really suck. Trust me. And dont mix anything else with it, except 2 benadryl if you get the robo itch.

Oh yeah, and have fun. I suggest doing it with one other close friend. But make sure you get to sit in a dark room(by yourself) with music blastin, its.......weird. In a real good way though:D

EDIT:Get a DXM only product, such as;
    [​IMG]
    or
    [​IMG]

4. #4 Floydian, Nov 9, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019

5. I think 600 is way too high for a first timer...try like 300 or 400.
    Also, i wouldnt recommend delsym since its dextromethorphan polistirex and you would be "trippin" for a whole day...the delsym high isnt very intense but its definitely enjoyable. Good luck man, peace.

And green lantern..how much do you generally take? i have yet to puke on dxm...im always so far in space that i couldnt even imagine having a gag reflex unless i hadnt started tripping yet. Downing 2 bottles of gels will put my stomach in a knot for a bit but it goes away.

6. I gotta agree more with rollin on this one. 600 is way too high for a first timer. At least if you want to not get the shit kicked out of you or you are mentally ready for it (which you wont be because you can't even comprehend DXM without trying it - not that you can after a trip either). As far as staying inside - it's not hard to do when tripping, but going outside isn't necessarily a bad thing unless you're in a crowded area or something or the robowalk has taken over.

7. no way dont do 600 as ur first time that shit is not cool

do 400 at most i am on 600 mg od dxm now .. well i am waiting for it to kick in and in about 20-30 minutes i am not going to be able to type fine

and umm another really shitty effect is that the next morning you cant fuck anyone .. well you can get it up and everything but you cant finish ... unless you go at it for like hours and hours .... sucks for you but it will definately not suck for the girl :smoking:

peace

8. Just make sure you are feeling good (both mentally and physically) and that you have eaten that day. A full stomach is not good, but if you're weakened from lack of food it can go bad. I took 300mg one afternoon when I was just recovering from being a bit sick...let's just say the next few hours were pretty unpleasant. Though I wouldn't give up the experience for the world. I've only done it twice but both trips left me feeling more comfortable and at peace with the world than I've been in a long time.

Oh, and I found my "unpleasane" trip report. Not to scare you, just to make sure you're smart about it ;)

9. My roommate and I tried this the other night. We drank half a bottle of CVS brand Tussin each, which comes out to about a 355 mg dose. Neither of us really tripped. However, we were lying down most of the night, then went to sleep. The DXM really upset our stomachs. When we were walking around, we felt drunk as hell, like extremely trashed. The wierd thing is, there was nothing wrong with my thinking. When I drink a lot, my body loses coordination, but so does my brain. Not so on DXM. I couldn't control my body much, but my state of mind was as if I was completely sober. I would like to try a full bottle (711 mg) but I'm afraid I might not be able to keep it down. Any ways to offset the nausea? I was considering smoking while taking it, but I have no weed.

10. I took around 250mg dxm the one time I tried it and I just felt really out of it like whenever I got up to walk around it felt like just my head was floating and I had no body, it was kinda cool.

11. yea like 150mg-200 is the threshold dose to feel ANYTHING, but its definitely not a "trip" that higher doses offer

12. I dont know about the 600 id go for 400 just incase if bad reaction and make sure the only active ingrediant is dex