Dwelling on the past.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by InhaleSomeKush, Sep 26, 2012.

1. To start out I've had some traumatic experiences when I was young (don't really wanna speak about them). Those experiences caused me to actually do things that I don't wanna mention either. I always Find myself thinking about the past and feeling guilty and hating myself for the things that have happened. I don't necessarily hate myself but sometimes I feel this anger towards myself and I actually feel uncomfortable that I am who I am. It also effects my relationships with people that I care about I find myself actually lashing out and taking my anger out on other people not physically mostly just verbally. I just wanna be happy with who I am and learn to let go of the past and focus on the future.

I just felt like sharing this and am curious if anybody has ever felt the same way or is going threw the same thing and if anybody has any advice that'd be cool to.

2. I know whatcha mean man, like things you wish you could change cause it would've improved your life alot. Really all you can do is atleast look at it as you're living still, still breathing. Life should just be appreciated in its beauty and everything. Like Bob Marley said "Don't worry, be happy" & if that doesnt work brotha make some tea (if you like tea) & smoke a bowl or two and take in what you do have and live life

3. why are you scared to mention any of the details to a bunch of stoners on an internet forum?

4. I could understand where he's coming from with it, I feel like he doesn't need to that you could just think of what it could be.

5. [quote name='"BMoney94"']why are you scared to mention any of the details to a bunch of stoners on an internet forum?[/quote]

If you were in my shoes you'd understand.

6. Out of sight out of mind is my motto the past is the past just look forward and think of the good you can do

7. i've had some fucked up expierences in the past too, I dated a girl who was just a whore. I was blinded by love and couldn't see her doing any wrong. I let the relationship go on for way too long and it scarred me.

I feel like i pass up chances with other chicks sometimes just cause i dont want the same shit to happen again. I guess im still kind of bitter about it.

8. That was Bobby McFerrin.

I only mention that because I was just trying to listen to "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley on YouTube, (the "don't worry about a thing" song) but I couldn't remember the title so I just put "don't worry" and apparently a lot of people think Bob Marley did "Don't Worry, Be Happy". :p

They do both have a similar message though. :smoking:

OP, I would recommend that you maybe find a therapist/counselor to talk to about this stuff. There's no shame in asking for help, and a professional might be able to help you work through these issues a lot better than any random folks on here could.

But beyond that... we all make mistakes, and we all grow and change. Don't dwell on the person that you were, take those criticisms of your past self and use it to steer you toward becoming who you want to be.

9. its not your fault

10. Fuck the past. Get over it. I had a FUCKED up childhood too but realize that it's just your mindset. You are CHOOSING to remember the past.

11. Could be you have PTSD. Some times the mind refuses to let go. To forget. To move past the negative issues in our lives. So our mind makes us relive the trauma over and over again, trying to deal with it. but because we can't, it just causes problems. And it sucks.

Try some therapy? It can help a bit.

12. #12 Niveuspuer, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
    What?

You really mean to tell me that Bob Marley did not write and sing every reggae/reggae-sounding song known to the world?

13. It's a little known fact! ;)

14. OP, I believe I'm more or less exactly where you are in that regard.

There are memories of my past that pain me just to think about, yet when they get to me I never seem to be able to think past them. And god only knows how much I've repressed. It's truly torturous.

Unfortunately, I really can't tell you how to recover from it. I have yet to figure that much out myself.

But I certainly wish you the best.

15. well now when people say that to me I can make them feel stupid too & tell them who really said it hahahahah

16. I have some shit in my past I'd rather forget, but there's nothing you can do to change it. Until they invent time machines, all you can do is learn from it and don't let it affect you negatively. :smoke:

17. when i think about something and start to get worked up i think, "at the end of the day i'm gonna fall asleep, and im still going to wake up the next morning".

18. We cant help if you dont share what happened.