Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dwell Time for Canna Butter/ Oil?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Weedweasle, May 11, 2022.

1. I've read and searched a lot for the "cooking" time for canna butter (decarbed, double boiler method).
    Now I turn to the wisdom of the City:

How long do I cook my decarbed cannabis in virgin cold pressed coconut oil ?
    I've made it twice and did a six hour "cook". I think that amount of time is not necessary.
    What do you weedable-chefs consider the optimal time to cook the decarbed weed in coconut oil using the double boiler method (~175- 180° F) ?

• Like Like x 2
  2. It has been a while since I have cooked with flowers but I believe my MagicBudderMachine cooks in oil for 4 hours.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Decarb weed 240F x 40 min
    Grind to finest consistency possible, I use a mortar and pestil and grind it to dust.

place in oven proof container, add just enough coconut oil to get it all moist. heat for 20min. In pre-heated oven

Add/stir in, half as much lecithin as you did coconut oil, heat for 20 more minutes.

Leave ground weed in oil, add to recipe.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. The BadKat recipe is by far the ass kicker when it comes to edible oil.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.
    Grind herb to flour grade dust.

5 grams Kief or Bud Dust
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil (fastest)
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin (any kind)
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes. (optional)
    Done

Bud 1 drop = 1mg of THC
    Kief 1 drop = 3mg of THC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    15 grams of Kief
    3 tablespoons Oil
    2 teaspoons Lecithin
    [​IMG]

Always make the highly concentrated batch first as it is the high Lecithin to Oil ratio that drives this recipe.

For cooking add the finished Tablespoon of Kat oil to the butter / oil your recipe calls for and blend well.
    =================================

All cooking oils save one from Avocado to Safflower oil take 2 full hours for the body to breaks it down enough to move it to your Liver. Only Coconut oil sidesteps half of the time and hits in 45 minutes.

Lecithin acts like a supercharger / strength enhancer and makes this much more Bioavailable. It's not half as mind blowing without the Lecithin.

Dishes used are stainless steel Cat Food dishes from Petco. :) They also perfectly fit the Mr. Coffee mug warmer I use to keep the goo hot for filling capsule with.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Here is the main thread on the stuff.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. LouAna Coconut oil is refined and has no smell or taste at all. It is as dead neutral as can be.
    Virgin versions DO smell and taste of Coconut.(Which I detest) :)

Lecithin can be hard to track down locally and is usually found at health food stores in Granular form for high prices. I prefer to order online and use the liquid, All six forms work equally well. Sunflower or Soy based. Granules, Liquid or Powder forms.

The Optional freeze and reheat is more for mouth texture then for stone effects. The kief version is sandy / gritty without the freeze and as I often let the capsule melt in my mouth improved smoothness was a step I'll gladly use.

I take one of the capsules when I wake up and I'm blazed nicely all day long. Works day after day too. No fade and really no need to step up the dose even after years of taking it. This is very upbeat and speedy to most people. Taken to late in the day it will keep me awake until 3am with my brain churning.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. To kill some of the Speedy side effects add 4 or more freeze and heat steps. Long cooks eventually do make fair sleep aids. I want to be awake and enjoy my stone. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1