DWC water level?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mali66, Sep 18, 2009.

1. I have a few plants in DWC setups and was wandering something about the water level as this is my first grow...i have my water level at about half an inch to an inch below the net cup.....some of my roots are constantly sitting in the water and some are still short .....the plants seem to be growing very slow though and i was wandering....should i keep the water at the same level throughout the entire grow? or as the roots get larger should i be dropping the water level so they are not submerged?

2. Where you have the water/nutrients level is fine. I sometimes let my nutrient solution drop below 3" when the nutrient PPM and pH remain stable. I go by the net pots, if they remain wet, then the roots are wet.
    By having the roots suspended in air getting misted by the mist produced from the fizzing of bubbles, is a good thing, as long as they are all getting misted (a bit like aeroponics). The roots are able to take in whichever they like (oxygen, nutrients or water).
    But some grower wedge the lid up of the bubblers, and place a fan infront of them to allow the air flow to cool the nutrient solution, in this case always have the roots submerged in the solution, you can't let the root dry out.