Dwc setups???

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by 420_king, May 25, 2018.

1. Anyone have any diy hydroponics setups they cam help me out with diagrams they can show me ??? Anything thanks in advance.

2. #2 Calyx-o, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    I dont have any diagrams but recirculating deep water culture is the only way i grow. I may be able to help some

3. I do diy bubble buckets

4. Ok thx alot..

5. Do you by chance have a diagram ? Or pic of what you do

6. Can you send me a picture of it..if you don' mind

• Like Like x 1
  7. Learn how to use the search tool in forums. There are stickies of how to make one step by step.
    I'd tell you where they are, but since you're the king, maybe you should figure it out?
    Seriously though, search before you post because literally all your questions have been asked/answered.
    I'm doing a dwc setup as a first grow and because I know how to use the site, I haven't had any usueless questions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8. My first DWC was made by General Hydroponics ,
    AeroFlo
    My system is if you scroll down to the pictures of the systems its on the top row 2nd from the left.
    AF20
    20 Site Aeroponics System
    7’L X 1’6”W X 22”H footprint

The AeroFlo 20 site system is excellent for growing crops such as lettuces, cucumbers, peppers, basil, and other herbs. Varieties of flowers and tomatoes, or any other plants which do not grow higher than three feet, will also thrive. The AeroFlo 20 will work beautifully alongside a sunny window in your home or office.

This system includes:

• 8 gallon reservoir
    • Two 6 ft. grow chambers
    • Mag Drive #3 pump
    • Injection manifold
    • Support structure
    • 3 inch Grow Cups
    • Clay Pebbles
    • 3-part Flora Kit
    The tubes are plastic fence posts 38.00 bucks delivered you a need pond pump is 60.00 , then you will need a reservoir.
    There is a tube inside the fence post with holes in it that supply water .
    You will need line clamps in the fence post to hold the tube to the top of the inside of the fence post.
    I am not good at explaining all this and if you decide to make one it would be allot easier to explain how to build it over the phone .
    I like this system so well I now have made two more of them from scratch .

9. I still dont know my way around this site, if you notice it says NEW MEMBER under the name. If this was me and my post when i first joined and read your reply i think i could find a more friendly forum to goto. Oh wait it says you also are a new member so maybe someone needs to inform you that this forum is ment to be helpful and as friendly as possible. Maybe its just me but your reply didn't have to be so smurkish or attitudish. Just my 2 cents

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I actually don't notice the new member stuff, but yeah, I'm new member too... Haayyyyyyy.
    I just subcribe to certain areas, as how most forums work, and this updated in the hydroponic section when its already in the diy sticky. Or use search in the hydroponic section.
    You can also Google "dwc bucket grasscity" if you don't know how the search here works and plenty of options should come up. Don't like Google? Use duckduckgo and pray since you can't use forum searches as they don't do all the same hits as Google, but it doesn't track you.
    All forums have a guideline for new members that is usually in a notification or part of the sign up process. It tells you to search and familiarize yourself. And I'm sure there's a sticky for the search.

New to this forum, but not to forums.

I understand what you're saying about my abrasiveness, but I'm not being a dick, this is just forums 101.

• Like Like x 1
  11. :passing-joint: its all good, share a cyber doobie with me, no worries

• Like Like x 3
  12. Thanks, sorry for the rudeness!
    And also, on Tapatalk it doesn't show me new members ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lmao....

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. some have done dwc in big rubbermaid bins. this will work but i caution you, if something goes wrong in the bin, it affects all the plants. i use one 5 gal bucket per plant. i use a net pot with a lid that snaps to the top of the bucket. i start my seeds in paper towel then into peat pucks, or jiffy pucks once they germinate. i wait a day or two then i put them right in the net pot with clay pellets covering the jiffy puck. i drill a small hole just big enough for my air line(hose) just under the lid on the side of the bucket. i use a round air disc per bucket and a four outlet air pump. air pump is on all the time. keep the water cool, around 20 celcius(im in canada). if you have a problem keeping the water cool, take a plastic bottle, fill it with water and freeze it. drop it in the res to cool it down. i keep my water level about 1cm below the bottom of the net pot. i change my water and nutrients once every week and a half to two weeks. i keep one extra bucket on hand so that i have a place to put my plant when i'm changing the water. take the plant from one and place it in the other, with just water. i use remo nutrients but that's my choice. and one last thing, i keep an eye on my water level and i don't let it get down too low as the nutrients will be more concentrated and could cause issues. i top it up with just water, no nutrients. i could put a drain plug at the bottom of the bucket but i like to completely clean out the bucket. hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thanks alot very useful

16. Way to be a douche bag....

Guys come here all the time for some help because they are completely new and overwhelmed by the intricacies of growing. The majority of this community come out right away and help the young fellas. Then there’s guys like you....Just joined and feel the need to insult the member. Awesome.

Welcome to the forum...

• Like Like x 2
  17. I use a 20 gallon tub known as a control res, its the only way to feed and do water changes while the ladies are under a scrog, it works quite well actually
    549338603.jpg

18. yea they look great.