Dwc setup

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Popcorn, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Hey I am setting up a 4 bucket dwc setup with all the stones running off one pump. My manifold has like 8 ports which I was going to run 2 stones per bucket. What i am wondering is can i just run 4 equal lines of the manifold to t fittings inside the buckets for the 2 air stone lines. I would close the other 4 ports on manifold obviously.

2. Yep you can

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Thanks man almost all set up but one more thing can I use like electrical tape to hold the air line were I want it under water?

4. you want to use electrical tape under water?

no.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. A rock, brick, something heavy will work. Just not heavy enough to close off the line.

6. lol.

I wouldn't suggest putting rocks and bricks into your reservoir @op

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yea I am just going to let it run wild I got a single line going in the bucket and a t with hose going to both air stones I should be hooked up tonight I will throw up some pics.

8. you need to attach it to the bottom of the bucket. if the stone isn't heavy/big enough to sink while its pumping air

9. Well they are large air stones in 8 gal. Ez store buckets so I do not think that will be a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Buckets are ready to go just the weight of the stones has it sitting in the right spot. :)
    20191203_202709.jpg 20191203_202728.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Can I ask why not?

12. I would think that rocks and bricks would transfer dirt/minerals/bugs all kinds of shit to the res. generally you want your res to be a pretty clean place

I use a glue gun with aquarium safe glue to hold the tiny air stones down in my cloner that aren't heavy enough to weigh them selves down. super fast and easy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Oh ok. And you're right, but I figured if you give em a rinse first you'd be ok.

14. if you want to put BRICKS in your res, do it and let us know how it goes.

good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I constantly dropped all kinds of stuff in my res on the initial setup and didn't hurt a thing. Unless the brick or whatever I use has been soaking in gasoline I really don't have any qualms about it. These plants aren't as fragile as people make them out to be. If you don't want to use a brick, then don't. But in a pinch it'll do.

• Like Like x 1