DWC seedling question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Oakmann, Aug 22, 2008.

1. #1 Oakmann, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
    OK guys, quick question...

So after I got done with my first soil grow, I decided a really wanted to make a DWC system based on Rumpleforskins's designed. So I got it all set up and everything, works perfectly no leaks etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took a clone of one of my other plants while it was in flowering just to give it a try, I took it, put it in a jiffy peat pellet and let the cloning begin. Roots popped out of the peat pellet and at that time I started my bubble bucket. Surrounded the peat pellet in hydroton, kept water so it was bubbling on the bottom of my net pot, and finally 6 days after sitting in the bucket, roots came out the next pot, they were in the water on day 7. It's now day 9 and I haven't seen any new green growth but PLENTY of root growth,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm afraid that when I cloned it, there was a small bud on it so i chopped it off, and thats where I keep expecting to see new growth out of. Do you think I stressed it by essentially topping it when it was a clone? Or am i just obsessing and the growth will come soon enough?

Oh, btw using Lucas formula using advanced nutrients, 6x37w daylight cfls for a total of 162 watts on just the 1 plant, i plan to LST it around the bucket lid to make the most of space. What do you guys think?

****Pics****

2. bump, any thoughts on the system in general?

3. #3 donetodeath, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
    The only problem i see is that you took the clone during flowering. While this can be done, it sometimes puts added stress on the mother plant, as well as stunting the clone a bit. I've read some people's taking as long as a month to get back to a healthy vegetative state. If you're doing clones in the future, definitely try and get them during veg. And any time you have a clone in your box, definitely try and step up the humidity as high as possible to help it root properly, and just stay healthy. Im not too sure about the budsite question, hopefully someone else will chime in, but the roots look white and healthy, so thats always good. Best of luck.

4. Yeah I know it kinda sucks I had to take it during flowering, wasn't thinking ahead enough back when it was in veg. Ok, well maybe I'm just expecting results too early, I'm sure it stressed it quite a bit. I'll just keep at it and hope I get some new growth.

5. As you can see.. it's using most of its energy to establish the roots.. give it a couple days and it will start to shoot out, atleast you'll get to skip the seedling stage.

6. Don't worry bout that, it'll grow new branches from lower down.

Looks good, put up a grow journal and send me a PM with the link I'd love to ride along. I'll be happy to help out however I can. I like the Lucas formula and AN, I bet you will too.