DWC roots turning brown :(

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Ghettostarz, Sep 8, 2017.

1. #1 Ghettostarz, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    what up GC,

was wondering if one of my brothers here can help guide me in fixing my problem! I started my grow 14 days ago and encounter my first problem which I believe is root rot :( (I hope am wrong). I'm using my supercloset deluxe with their hydro system. I notice the problem the day before yesterday and took action immediately. I discovered that my reservoir was contaminated with algae due to light leakage and into the reservoir. ALSO, the last week in CA been extremely hot due to fires in my area so I tried my best to keep the temp in the closet COOL. I did a complete water change and I scrubbed down my res. Since I was doing a complete water change I decided to feed my babies for their first time! I'm using Sensi grow A&B with voodoo juice and B52. The roots were a tiny tint of brown yesterday and when I checked them today they look like CACA :( lol. I know the nuets can change the roots color but the way the top looks , I think there is a problem :(

Strain - 3 Gorilla Cookies 3 Master Yoda
    Day 14
    20 gallon reservoir
    PH - 6.1
    Temp. 73
    PPM 580

2. #2 Ghettostarz, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Master yoda
    IMG_3306.JPG
    Master yoda
    IMG_3308.JPG
    Master yoda
    IMG_3309.JPG
    Gorilla cookie
    IMG_3310.JPG
    Gorilla cookie
    IMG_3311.JPG

Gorilla cookie
    IMG_3312.JPG
    Master yoda roots
    IMG_3313.JPG
    Master yoda
    IMG_3314.JPG
    Gorilla cookie
    IMG_3315.JPG
    Gorilla cookie
    IMG_3316.JPG

3. Yup....looks like pythium (root rot) to me...usually caused by res temps too high or lack of oxygen in res.
    I had it in the past and cured it with Heisenbergs beneficial microbial tea recipe. Do a search in these forums for recipe. GL

4. The problem is being caused by those rooting plugs staying constantly wet. The O2 is being choked off in there causing overwatering symptoms as well as harboring pathogens, causing the root rot. If you use any sort of rooting plug in DWC at has to be able to drain.

It's going to cost time and resources to rehab them back. You'd honestly be better off starting again with some new clones.

• Agree Agree x 1