DWC Root Problem.....

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by perseverare, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Alright, im just shy of 2 weeks now. I had a few problems with the pH and I believe it is all corrected. I went away for a long weekend and came back to one of the plants almost all yellow. I believe it was from underwatering because the roots were not reaching the reservoir orginally. I've been watering with a spray bottle a couple times a day to make sure the rockwool doesnt dry out but it did while i was awawy. Im trying to recover the sick one below. Now with my current problem.....I noticed the roots this morning (picture below) and the roots seem to be bunching up. I'm not sure if its root rot, there is no real discoloration on them but they just look a little unhealthy. If anyone can take a look at the pic below and give me their opinion, it would be great. pH in the rez is currently 5.15 and since it has almost been two weeks i will be flushing the rez with new water. Also, should i start the plants on a nute schedule with the new flush???? Thanks guys. (and girls).

Attached Files:

2. Its not underwatering its not enough Air. YOur supposed to drop the water level below the net pots after the roots come out of the net pot, from what i can see there when you put the lid back down at least 1/4 or 1/2 the net pot is in the solution.

may i ask what that caramel color thing is in the first picture???

3. 5.15 is too low! has to be between 5.5 and 6..... your solution is too Acidic.

Taht caramel collor thing looks like root rot to me.

4. now what can i do to fix the root rot? Adjusting the pH wont be a problem as well as the level of the water. Also, is adding nutes tomorrow a good idea? And, will i be able to save these young ones?

5. Never had it so i dont know, i would think cut the fugacy roots off and change your solution immediately.

6. well arent you lucky. haha. alright, i just pulled off the caramel colored stuff w. a pair of tweezers and ill be flushing the rex tomorrow. lets hope all goes well.