DWC Reservoir

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Bigster480, Aug 4, 2021.

1. What would cause my reservoir to look like this just 2 days after a res change? 20210802_185408.jpg 20210802_185652.jpg

2. Are you using beneficial organisms? I see chunks of roots and other particles that could be caused by bacterial growth.

3. I'm using Hydroguard. Base is Advanced Nutrients Micro Grow Bloom and using a few of the AN extras Voodoo Juice B52 Sensizym and a couple others

• Like Like x 1
  4. There maybe some precipitation, and just root bits getting washed up and away. My friend uses DWC extensively and uses an inline filter to collect this excess solids. Maybe check out his rig
    Small Spaces

My res gets dirty by the end of the week. I usually drain it and give it a wipe down with paper towels, then clean it again with ~10% bleach. Sometimes I place enough 10% in the res and bubble it for 10-15 min, but that is with the res closed off.

If you are seeing lots of root particle, maybe take a look at the root system to make sure they are not rotting. That would suck, but then I would just run a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution to clean/clear the roots. Expect lots of root particle then.

On a side note, you should consider grabbing Garden Friendly Fungicide (GFF) instead of Hydroguard since they use the same bacteria, but the bacterial count is higher in GFF, and its much better priced.

btw, welcome to Grasscity @Bigster480

5. Thank you I will check your buddies setup and look into GFF

• Like Like x 1