DWC Res Questions

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Elfeen, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Probably dumb questions but before I use the setup I'd like to know for sure. i want to grow one plant in a bubble bucket and scrog in under a 1.2x1.2m net would a 20l bubble bucket be suitable or would I want to upgrade it to something bigger, if not how much air would I have to bubble through a 20l bucket? My current pump does 6.6ish litres per minute of air, is that enough? Thanks

2. I just finished my first MMJ grow with DWC. I started with 5 gallon (20L) buckets, but ended up deciding they needed more root space and swapped over to a 17 gallon (65L) tote for each plant. They probably would have been fine in the bucket, but they had a few weeks left to go and the bucket was FULL of root, so I switched it over. Your pump should be fine. I ran both plants / buckets / totes on a single air pump that was about 5 liters per minute and roots stayed nice and white.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you that's very reassuring. How tall did your plant that outgrew the bucket get? Was it particularly big or just average sized?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. Probably 3 or 4 feet above the top of the lid. Didn't bother measuring, as I had 7 1/2 feet to work with for res, light, and plant.

• Like Like x 1
  5. When roots ball up like that are they just a solid mass or do they give you some room to move them around a bit i.e. to allow a transfer pump pipe to the bottom of the res

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. There was certainly plenty of room for stuff like that. I was just worried about the roots stopping growing due to cramped space.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Thank you for your help you put my mind at ease with a lot of stuff

• Like Like x 1