Dwc question.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by soapshoedude, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Do all dwc systems HAVE to use a water pump to water the plants? And Is it better to use a water pump than just filling the tote up to the bottom of the net pot and letting it touch the rock wool? Noobish question probably, but I'm confused and I just want to know if I have to buy water pump. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I do recommend a small transfer pump to make resovoir changes easier

3. There are tons of threads here on the forum regarding DWC and those who use that method. Go to the "forums" page and type in DWC grows in the search bar at the top and it will pull all related threads and posts about DWC growing. I wouldn't recommend that a new grower start out with any form of hydro system honestly. You need to grow a couple of plants throughout their life cycles in soil just to become familiar with how the plant grows during it's life. Starting out with a DWC and no experience is a recipe for problems. You need some good solid basic information about the plant and how it grows. Starting with any type hydro gig makes it difficult to know whether any issues you may have...and you will have some, are coming from screw ups with your DWC system or from plant issues. Start simple, get your base information together and learn the plant and then try a DWC or other form of hydro grow. Meanwhile, you need to be reading everything you can get your hands on in order to teach yourself as much as possible before you get started regarding how to tend the plant. The grow setup is only half the equation. If you can't keep a plant alive, the rest doesn't matter. Best of luck! TWW

• Like Like x 1