First Dwc hydroponic grow journal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Beasty_Bud, Aug 10, 2018.

1. 2 x qb288 quantum boards for lighting

2. Look up Tbone on here. He's the man with QBs. As far as the slow growth, what'd you start your seeds in?

3. Yeah man, terminated in wet paper towels and then started them in Rockwool inside the clay pebbles.

4. Then it's probably just the strain. I had some shit bagseed in the same route as you that was double the size at that age, but afterwards, just like the rest of em.

5. Yeah man hope so, I've asked Tbone for his expert advice haha

6. They look fine. They're not that stretchy. It's not your light distance causing it. You'd be lucky to get qb288's at full power closer then 18" to a mature plant much less one that's just getting started. They're sensitive to intense light because there's just not that much plant material there you can cook a plant that small no problem if you leave the light too close.

My young plants like that I always run at 24" or over. Just keep it healthy and it will keep growing. You have a week or two before I would worry about starting training.

7. Apologies on the late response only just saw this message, cheers Tbone, I will start training in around 2 weeks I plan on topping the LSD to get I
    Upto 8 colas I'm just going to train the auto and use it in a pot Scrog as topping isn't recommended with autos is it?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Too much training isn't recommended with autos. Keep the training brief and let the plant veg as quick as possible because if you top and train too much when it's young an auto will flower when the plant is small. You can't stunt the veg process much at all if you want a good yield with an auto. You only have so much time and it just goes to flower. You want to maximize the veg process and keep the plant as happy as possible so it get nice and large before flower sets in.

I've never seen anyone try supercopping with an auto but that is my favorite training method. Many times it only takes bending the main stem down 90 degrees once the plant is about 3 weeks or so old to get it to turn into a bush instead of a Christmas tree.

9. Yeah I will only train the auto briefly but the LSD is going to be begged an extra month until the auto has been harvested the LSD is feminised and I'm going to train and top the he'll out of her hahah

• Like Like x 1
  10. Put ur hand under light on the top of plant. If uncomfortable than too close

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

11. So little update,

I've figured out why the auto flower of being slow, I think I've stunted the growth if you look here you can see the stem is quite damaged has still been growing just rather slowly do you reckon it will survive?
    20180826_133859.jpg
    On a side note the LSD is coming along nicely. 20180826_133841.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cannabis has an amazing ability to recover from damage. It's not wilting. Just keep it rolling it will probably start taking off any day now.

13. Day 15 from being planted

Temp: 73F
    Humidity around 65%

Looking good with the LSD coming along nicely once I see the 7th set of nodes coming out I'll top her to the 3rd node and remove bottom leaves.
    20180830_213404.jpg 20180830_213409.jpg

The pineapple express auto is growing rather slow but finally starting to see nodes coming through but very short.
    20180830_213415.jpg 20180830_213418.jpg
    Are they looking healthy?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lil tip for you mate. See when your starting them up. Keep them in the rock wools until they're about the size of the big one before you transplant into the res/pot.etc. use a humidity dome of some description and they'll root up like crazy. I use a 14k, 130w cfl reflector to get em started. keep it at 6 inches and they grow like mad. Saves fuckin about trying to find the sweet spot for high strength lights.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Cheers mate! They are still in there Rockwool just in the clay pebbles, I plan on doing a perpetual grow after this one so I always have clones ready to plant going to have one mother and constantly rotate veg/ flower every other month.

16. Day 20

LSD
    looking healthy 5th of nodes visible now coming through, topping her in a week and going to mainline let to great 8 main colas. Quite a bit too much strech I think though?
    20180904_074136.jpg 20180904_074139.jpg
    Pineapple express auto
    Very slow starter as she was stunted, now getting her growth going again hopefully the stunting hasn't affected yield too much only expecting an ounce dry off her to get me through till the LSD is cut.
    20180904_074130.jpg 20180904_074143.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Topped the LSD and mainlined her today, does everything look right with the mainline?
    6 sets of nodes topped her to the 3rd node and removed all growth below the nodes, and made sure the cross is a T shape.
    20180906_184759.jpg 20180906_184804.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Also bought a water pump to recirculate the resivour water got it on the same switch as the lights, only bought one so thought I'd put all my effort on the LSD.
    20180906_194908.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. #39 Beasty_Bud, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Day 36
    So I've had a nightmare the last 2 week's with Nute burn and PH fluctuating constantly, got them back and growing again now though, I started using full strength nutes far too early!

LSD
    20180921_065615.jpg 20180921_065608.jpg 20180921_065544.jpg
    Also attached more pics of pineapple express auto.

Flushed with plain PH 6 water for 1week to drain any nutrients, ppm of water is 140ppm as I'm using tap water.

Flushed until the water ppm stayed stable and stopped rising from the plants leaching I needed nutes.

Started using nutrients again.

GH MICRO - 2.5ml per gallon
    GH BLOOM - 5ml per gallon
    Cali Mag - 15 ml per litre
    Root exelurator- 0.1ml per litre
    Cannazym - 7.5ml per gallon.

Any advice so far?.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Looks good. Only advice I can hand out is watch those water droplets on fan leaves they can lead to some light burn.