DWC problems

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by LF425, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Hello and good day my fellow farmers.  
    I have been growing my own supply out of soil for a couple years now and I thought I should try my hand at hydroponics.  I went ahead and built myself a simple deep water culture system out of four 4 gal buckets and one 5 gal bucket.  I have run into some problems right off the bat with the roots already.  For the first couple of days they were doing fine and then after a pretty bad temperature spike, up to 88 for a couple days, the roots have begun to go very bad.  They are all brown and slimy with a  goop of some sort on them.  Here are all of my readings.

20 gallon system
    PH- 6.4 all the time.  It doesn't change much.
    PPM between 550 and 600
    air temp- 80 degrees
    water temp- 74 degrees

I also run about 6oz of H2O2 every other day.
    Please tell me if I am missing something. thank you

What type of nutrients are you using?  
    Hydro does best in a pH of 5.5-6.0.  
    What type of water are you using?  are your ppms that high in plain water or have you added nutes already?

Are you buckets light tight?  All it takes for algae to grow is some light and your screwed.  

How much air are you putting through the nutrient solution per minute? Low aeration is the #1 cause of root rot. High temperatures will make it worse. What is the temperature of the nutrient solution now? 

Can you put a photo up showing the system and plants? 

What do you mean you run 6oz of h2o2 every other day? What % is that? It sounds like it would kill the plants instantly