DWC ph problems Please Help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by tropicaze, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Im using tap water, with a 6.7 ph and 100 ppm.
    Ionic Bloom and Ionic PK boost
    strain is a GSC hybrid
    Water temperature is about 70 and I use H2O2 to prevent rot, my roots look ok.

My ppm has been about 350-400 and ph stable, slowly rising until week 5 of flowering when ph suddenly dropped fast, I tried to ph adjust but it kept falling from 5.8 to 4.0 in 12 hours, I changed the water and prepared a new solution with a lower ppm and 5.8 ph and in a few hours it was at 6.5 and rising, tried to adjust the ph but it kept on rising fast, after a day it started dropping fast again to 4.0, I have tried to lower the solution and raise it for the past 5 days and the ph will not stabilize, I changed the water today and raised the ppm to 500 and again, ph starts to rise about 1.5 every 2 hours.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?
    Thanks

2. #2 mr.florista, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
    The first problem I see, is your use of H2O2, this should never be used for root problems, never! The reason, it only treats the surface of the roots and in the process it kills all the good bacteria. I only use it to clean lines, buckets etc. What you should be using, and I absolutely swear by it, is Botanicare SilicaBlast and Hydroguard, about 2ml per gal of each. I would do another water change with the above suppliments, adding them first, never mix nutrients and supplements together, add each separately using clean utensils each time. Also, H2O2 only last about 24 hrs. I also add a pinch of desolved Epsom salt to my mix.

3. I did some checking, the H2O2 will alter the pH, and because it burns off fast (24hrs) this will also alter the pH as it burns off, probably accounting for the wild ranges you are seeing, so if you can, get those supps I suggested, and adding a pinch of epsoms will aid in the uptake in nutes, the pH levels you want to shoot for is 6.1-6.2, as some of the micro nutrients absorb best at this range.

4. Getting those supplements is not an option for me as they are not available where I am; I have been looking into hydroguard to replace the use of H2O2, Ill probably order some for my next grow; I do have silicablast but I get weird PH issues when I use it in late flowering and it doesn't do anything to prevent rot.
    I don't use a lot of H2O2, maybe 3ml in my 12G bucket when I change the reservoir to prevent root rot, if it wasn't for H2O2 I could not do hydro where I am.
    I have tried Epson salts before and it burned my plants.

Today my ph was around 6-6.2 all day and rising slowly, however ppm was going up as well so I don't think things are back to normal yet,