DWC or Bubbleponics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cult101, Aug 19, 2009.

1. hi all iv got 4ft T8 twin light on order and all ready have the blubs,
    looking to grow some :weed: down the track and i am all so want to grow some veggies n plants inside before i grow pot.
    I'm gonna grow 2 or 3 plants but i want to grow veggies so Maybe six holes (not at the same time )
    what should i make DWC or Bubbleponics set up?
    how many Ls of water am i looking for in a tub?
    iv seen a cupple of diy set ups any req ones

Please and thanks
    :peace:

2. Jus look at rumples build a bubble bucket. DWC is a bubble bucket. DWC is deep water culture, which is the same concept Bubble bucket uses. I use this setup and all you need is a 3 or 5 gallon container for each individual plant. If you want to use 1 large reservoir that's up to you. Connect an air pump to the nutrient mix. Put a net pot in your bucket lid. You are good to grow! I have 5 gallon buckets, that i Put 4 gallons in. That's roughly 15L. So all nutrients have ML/L ratio so it's pretty easy to figure out.

3. #4 Cult101, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009
    ok cool i was thinking some thing like this how big should i have the box 48 L?
    [​IMG] but have the water running along the top n going back down with a pump

4. That's a cool setup but think about this. You are gonna have a massive reservoir, that is gonna need to be switched out about every 2 weeks. Or just twice whatever you prefer, To me that would seem pretty difficult. You gotta think about root growth too. Those plants that close together, their roots WILL tangle together. But that is not necessarily a problem, until you try and pull out an individual male. That's why I have seperate 5 gallon containers for each plant. That way each plant has its own agenda, its own nutes to fluctuate and easy to take out and remove, or clean the bucket or whatever. The 5 gallon bucket gives so much space for your plants roots to relax and free hang in the water. You will be amazed by how much roots will be in your bucket. More roots, bigger plant... To get more roots you need them to be unrestricted and have plenty of space to grow..hence 5 gallon bucket.

5. And one more thing. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the setup you showed, and i'm sure it's worked fine for many people. I'm just giving a suggestion that might turn out better for you in the end. 5 Gal. buckets with lids and net pots are very cheap from Home depot or whatever.

6. ?????

I don't know what you mean by that. You just have to have the airline going into your container attached to an airstone. Wether you want to run that air tubing on the ground or top it doesnt really matter.

7. #8 Cult101, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009
    so i have air tubeing at the bottom for air too the roots and a pump pumping the water too the roots up top