DWC Nute question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by igotagun, Oct 13, 2010.

1. was wondering if anyone here uses NSR Greenleaves
    www.gtghydroponics.com/store/15-149-0.htm

Getting ready to start my grapefruit grow as soon as my clones are ready

The thing that bothers me is the boost juice it say's use it once a week not sure if i wana empty my res for the new solution for mabey a day then back to grow or bloom juice

Think i have some flora nova around i could use instead

2. A lot of experienced growers never change resevoirs.

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-growing/677575-does-bigger-rez-mean-more-nute-overall.html

When you're new its probably advisable. Once a week change out water/nutes etc.... monitor PPM/PH, see if it goes up and down.

PPM If it goes down it means your solution had too little of nutes. If it goes up, it means you had too much. (Water is getting evaporated/used but not the nutes)

As for PPM, heres a decent basic chart

Reliable ppm chart for marijuana??

Seedlings, Early Sprouts 100 to 250

Early Vegging 300 to 400

Full Vegetation 450 to 700

Early Blooming 750 to 950

Full Mature Blooms 1000 to 1600

Note: EC Calculations are different, here's a conversion chart :
    heres a great chart that shows how different PPM can be from meter to meter... EC is the only real universal language...

[​IMG]

Remember to discount the ppm of your water.

Nute lines that people like. General Hydro (even available on amazon!) Advanced (can be pricey) House and garden.

3. If you have flora nova laying around, for sure use that, and honestly, only that ( the bloom solution mainly)

I used flora bloom in many hydro grows and never replaced water. i only added back water that the plant had taken. so in a 5 gal bucket, typically there is about 3 gallons of water. in one day my plant would take in 1 gallon of water, so the next day, i would simply make 1 gallon of new water (ppm'd an ph'd right) and add it directly back into the res. simple, easy and effective. :)