DWC NUTE Question

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by vr6matt, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Hey,
    So i just got my digital ppm meter and my ppm is at 2000!!!!! From what I understand that is way too high. I am in the late stage of veg tho and the plant looks healthy as anything! Its unreal!!

Question is I put in distilled water and tested it and its 450-550 PPM ... After i put in nutes its at 2000. Is my nute ppm reading 2000 - 500 ? So 1500 ppm? Or is it not work like that?

2. If it says 2000 than thats what it means (not 1500). That does seem alittle high for veg stage , however i have heard of getting good results up around 2000ppm in the flowering stage. If i were you i wouldnt change what your doing though because if you said they were doing great than dont fix what aint broke.

Hope this helps.

3. i would have to disagree. if your plants are healthy consieder yourself lucky up till now. you might want to drain out some of the solution and add clean distilled water. retest and go from there.

4. Ya that is real high now that i rethink that, i agree. Try to delute it to at least half the ppm

5. Holy cow... definitely start using distilled water, use more water, less nutes, and if you're using a lot of pH up/down to balance out, that also contributes to high PPM's... you may want to correct less...

6. Although it has yet to be mentioned - I would HIGHLY recommend (if you havent already) that you CALIBRATE your pen.

If you did it already - rock'n!

If you didnt - there is a chance that the pen is just off....