DWC Nute Logistics

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by northern smoker, Oct 6, 2010.

1. If I wish to up the ppm in my buckets without adding water, what is the best way to do so?

Right now I've been using a syringe and slowly depressing the nutes into the bucket while monitoring the rise in ppm.

Can I damage my plants this way?

p.s. there is a 600w light above those buckets.....

Attached Files:

• 041.jpg
      041.jpg
      File size:
      159.7 KB
      Views:
  2. i want to know too, bump.

3. The only problem I see, is with not premixing the nutes. If I understand correctly, you have a bucket full of water. You are syringing nutes straight from the container and then into the mixture.

From everything I have gathered/read, no nute should be added to the resevoir directly. Also, some nutrients can cause lockout if not added in the correct order. General Hydroponics says this on the bottle, I believe micro goes first, then the other two.

I think you're being overly cautious.

This chart is good if you're using GH

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

Also, when adding nutes, remember PH is more important than PPM. 5.8 is best. 5.5 -6.2 is OK.

When adding nutes if you're ppm lowers, you had to few of nutes. If you're ppm rises, you had to many nutes and due to evaporation you're ppm has gone up.

Google Lucas formula even if you are not using it. Some good info from that.

Heres a good PPM chart

Reliable ppm chart for marijuana??

PPM for Hanna Chart PPM

Seedlings, Early Sprouts 100 to 250

Early Vegging 300 to 400

Full Vegetation 450 to 700

Early Blooming 750 to 950

Full Mature Blooms 1000 to 1600

Note: EC Calculations are different, here's a conversion chart :
    heres a great chart that shows how different PPM can be from meter to meter... EC is the only real universal language...

[​IMG]

Remember to discount the ppm of your water.