DWC newbie questions please help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by eko0724, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Hello everyone!

I just started a DWC hydro grow in a stealth pc case and I have a few questions. Please help!!

1) Because size is an issue in a pc case, I was wondering if anybody had any info on LST or HPS height adjustment for a DWC. It was my personal understanding that LST can only be done to soil grow but I have been informed that it is possible with a DWC grow. I understand how the LST works in soil but I am now confussed on how it works with a DWC. HPS I am clueless about and would love all the help that I can get. I know that certain strains work best for small grow boxes, but have also heard that you can control the size and flowering time of your plant by doing both of these. (Is there a certain time schedule (as in 2 weeks 24 light then switch to 12/12) for when I should change my light times to control growth and flower???

2) I have either read to leave my lights on 24 hours a day (from seedling) until I flower then switch it to 12/12 or leave them on for 18/4. For DWC would 24 light work best or the 18/4?

THANK YOU and PLEASE give me any advise and help that you can! I can post pictures of my DWC, pc case, and seedling in the next few days.

Thank you

2. #2 krippy, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
  3. #4 krippy, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009

well the lst method is pretty much the same for all mediums i guess, if your DWC has the right size, yes you could definitely do it then, how did you manage to make a DWC in a pc case?? pc meaning computer right?

anyway, do as the guide says, but instead of just wire hangers, use yarn/wire hangers because you dont want to have to bend the plant real close to the ground, just gonna make it easier for bugs and what ever, so use wire hangers but then tie yarn around the plant and hanger. - never mind your in a dwc not the ground lmao

edit- those numbers on the pots in the guide are for example 1-6. the 1 is the step, the 6 is pot size. as you can see, he did it with a 10 inch pot

oh one last thing, it doesnt have to be in a circle like design, thats just a space saving kinda way when you think about it, but ive seen people just tie the branhes down on a straight up plant and have good results