DWC Lucas Formula, How much pH swing is optimal?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by steakandshake, Mar 12, 2012.

1. My pH rises small amounts every day, how much should i allow it to raise above the optimal 5.6-5.8pH mark before pH downing it back? I have heard from 5.9 to 6.2 any input? What is the healthy fluctuation point?

2. I believe you don't want it to get above 6.2. Water has a natural tendency to want to neutralize itself. I check my ph daily and bring it back to 5.7.. Typically after a nute/res change I check it 2 or 3 times. I'm still new so if you get a more experienced grower I'd go with their expertise!

3. That's usually an acceptable range but if your ph is rising that means the plants aree uptaking the nutes faster than water. You should try upping your ppms slightly to control the rise. The less ph up and down you use the better imo.

4. after I top off my 15 gallon reservoir every day with 100% nutrient solution (which usually naturally equilizes to like ~5.4) my pH has risen like .02-.04 points

My plants are in flowering, does anybody know which range of pH would be absolutely OPTIMAL for flowering? Like which exact pH range between 5.6-6.2 should I shoot for specifically for allowing maximum flowering nutrient uptake (i.e. more phosphorous uptake instead of more nitrogen uptake)

5. Google hydroponic nutrient uptake chart. There are plenty online, otherwise everybody will have a different opinion. Personally I stick with 5.8 to 6.0.