DWC ...just another pH question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by CannaClay, Jun 21, 2013.

1. #21 Ace420, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013
    1. cover those BLACK buckets in reflective mylar. Im not seeing a whole lot of trust in your temps :) get em low. Colder water holds more oxygen.
    2. aerate the fuck out of that solution add another pump if needed. added oxygen is key to avoid root born pathogens.
    3. I dont here anything in particular about any bacterial/fungal additives. Use Voodoo Juice if possible. This will help destroy decaying roots and keep the healthy living part uptaking nutrients
    4. where is this "recirculating pump moving water to?
    5. Can you please double check temps with another thermometer?
    6. AN id FANTASTIC. theres no reason to be concerned about them being frozen as long as they are NOT when used and have been shaken up.
    7. Cal/mag deficiencies are often a Ph issue. Low pH deprives the plants of the cal/mag that IS available in abundance in the Sensi line. Do NOT add cal/mag additives
    8. Flushing is NOT needed. How often are you doing your water changes? I assume your doing 100%?

Please respond by number as we have a bit of info going back and forth and Id like to help you as efficiently as possible :D

2. nutrient formulas would have a very very low freezing point due to the high concentration of salts, how on earth did you manage to freeze it? I have no idea if this would effect them but seeing as nutrient formulas cost bugger all I would just buy a fresh bottle. if your using a hard water nutrient formula but using it with soft water, this may be the cause of your calcium and magnesium deficiency

3. #23 moreherb, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013
    The PH swing can also happen when using ripeners or florabloom, monster gro type stuff. That 50/30. I noticed when I didnt use it my ph would go 6+ and when I did I was lingering around 5.5-. I am not assuming that is his problem; just troubleshooting.

4. #24 Ensano, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
    1. cover those BLACK buckets in reflective mylar. Im not seeing a whole lot of trust in your temps :) get em low. Colder water holds more oxygen.

The tops of the buckets would already be covered in aluminum tape.

2. aerate the fuck out of that solution add another pump if needed. added oxygen is key to avoid root born pathogens.

Spare pump can added (that would make it double )

3. I dont here anything in particular about any bacterial/fungal additives. Use Voodoo Juice if possible. This will help destroy decaying roots and keep the healthy living part uptaking nutrients

Voodoo would have been used, but on AN site it says to only use for the first 2 weeks of veg and this would be on it's 4th week.

4. where is this "recirculating pump moving water to? recirc pump would be moving water from rez bucket to buckiet holding plant 5. Can you please double check temps with another thermometer?

I think this is a must and calibrating the Nutradip trimeter would also be needed.

6. AN id FANTASTIC. theres no reason to be concerned about them being frozen as long as they are NOT when used and have been shaken up.

For the price I think a switch to sensi grow ph perfect should be done

7. Cal/mag deficiencies are often a Ph issue. Low pH deprives the plants of the cal/mag that IS available in abundance in the Sensi line. Do NOT add cal/mag additives

good point. a must follow

8. Flushing is NOT needed. How often are you doing your water changes? I assume your doing 100%?

wouldn't hurt would it?

good nutes arent cheap.His low pH is the cause of his cal/mag deficiency

6. too many things you havent answered. I cant make it any easier than numbering things and asking you to respond accordingly. I assume youre too high to respond to all of the questions. Good luck. BTW flushing is never need in hydro until the last 2 weeks of flower. Best wishes

lets just say it's not a good idea to leave nutes in a storage unit in northen canada where it can drop to -40C

8. this is so annoying. 1. all nutes cost fuck all, 2. you don't know that's the cause. what I said is 100% true. I never said it's the cause of his problem, I stated that it has that effect, and it does

9. I dont know the monetary value of "fuck all" but I wouldnt recomend someone get all new nutes just because YOU think THEIR product is inexpensive to YOU. Others find them to be quite expensive. You said it MAY be his problem, but it wasnt. No big deal. BTW ive never seen a "hard water formula" or a "soft water formula". Who makes them? <---said nicely(not being a dick)

10. you can get a "hard water" version of GH micro

11. Funny how canna hasn't responded in 3 weeks and everyone's still bickering. Its either his ph fixed its self by now or he gave up.

12. bickering?

13. When I read over the whole thread i see a lot of people pointing out problem that could fix a solution but OP has never responded. Another hijacker came out of nowhere and now its an completely different tread. Who is correct and who cares what the solution is if OP wont come back to explain. I just notice a lot of back n forth irrelevant information that is useless to someone who may know what they are doing. If you read over the rest GC than all the questions have been answered hundreds of times in the same fashion. Its all repetitive troubleshooting over and over & over again.