DWC is killing my Clones?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Dirty Jerzey, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Ok, so last night i placed the two clones i took and placed them in my DWC buckets. A few weeks ago i snipped them and as of last night they had many roots coming from my rockwool. The clones had some new growth coming from the top and each had a set of fan leaves.

Coming home from work i find the fan leaves are dryed and wilted, and the new growth is looking ok. Is this normal? First time to cloning so im not sure if i did something wrong.

Sorry, no pics yet.

I am running a very slight nute solution in my 5 gal buckets. But it doesnt look like a nute burn. The level of my res is just at the bottom of the net.

They were in a green house style container untill 14 hours ago.

2. here it is now

Attached Files:

3. Looks like your nute solution is ph skewed, you had better check things out and get a handle on the situation.

4. Looks fried.. You mix your nutes full strength out the gate? Start with 1/4 strength. Dwc isn't very forgiving. If you don't have much experience is advise you switch to soil quick. Slower growth rates but much much more forgiving.

Sent from

5. #5 BrassNwood, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
    The change from a high humidity environment to outside is what your seeing it looks to me.. If the clone is well rooted then just cut the big wilted-fried leafs off..
    It should recover just fine..
    http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/1245053-american-dream-white-picket-fences-marijuana-so-cal-sun.html/page-21#entry19388595
    My own pictorial on cloning.. I take a much smaller cutting as you can see.. This set hit 43 out of 50 cuttings..
    generally takes about 2 to 3 weeks for a well rooted clone.. Being as all the new growth is supported by roots mine suffer no wilting..
    Just what a lot of trial and error has finally worked for me.. I was months getting cloning down and getting consistency in my results..
    I go straight to soil from the cloner.. Good luck.. BNW

6. No, Im running just slightly under 1/2 strength nutes CNS17.    This would be my 2nd grow in DWC. The 1st is still in flower... Clones from that are what you see now.

I can completley understand that. And thats exactly what i did. I snipped off all but that new growth at the top. This is one of two clones that are doing the exact same thing. Fingers Crossed. I will thoroughly read your tutorial in a bit.