DWC Hydro Autoflowering grow attempt #1 w/ CFLs

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by JuggaLove, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Hey guys, this is my first attempt at growing :D

I built a 4 1/2 g DWC system and have Auto SnowRyder

Bulbs are 2700k CFLs 2x normal size and 1 really large CFL

Here is day 3

Any ideas and info to help would be great!

I used the aerogarden system to start the germinations then moved it to the DWC after day 3.

My wife is attempting her first soil grow/s with the same strain.

Water I am using right now is 24 hr old tap water... I don't have a PH or PPM tester yet... was told I wouldn't need them for auto strains and I could use plain water... how ever I do have the 3 set of GH nutes but not sure how to use them if I even need them... input would be nice :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. You will still need nutes.

Also plants veg better with around 5000k CFL or "Cool Day light"

You have 2700k "Warm day light" Good for the flowering stage.

3. hell yeah man thats whats up

4. #4 JuggaLove, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
    Having sun light from a window help? I looked for some 5000k at walmart but couldn't find any... also what would you recommend for the feeding regime?

5. Would have to ask others about feeding.

You should be able to get the "Cool Light" there around the 5000k range. Make sure you get the highest watt.

Sunlight will help during veg but the room needs complete darkness when flowering.

6. These are auto flowering, 24 hour light strains 2 months from seed to harvest

7. I'm just going off the research Ive done for my method.... I have no idea about autoflowers

I'm sure searching here will help out.

8. The soil pants are starting to show life :D

9. with recommendations from rusty I picked 3 26 watt 6500k CFLs for the first weeks of veg and will switch to the 2700k when it's flowering

10. Your gonna need alot more bulbs maybe 6 you should mix both 6500k and 2700k all around your auto. Use this guide for GH nutes I used it for years with autos and norms with sucsess. GH 3 Part Nutrients - schedule and PH instructions - 420 Genetics will keep an eye on your grow and help. if I can Is your wife growing in the same space as you ? If so yor ganna need even more bulbs.

11. ours are in the same area but.mine have their own grow lights. He does his completly diffrent from mine in every way :)

12. How this for an idea boss... I put the large 55w 27k at the top point down on the plant and on the east and west have the 26w 65k and on the north and south side I put the 20w 27ks?

so one really big 27k at the top and 2/2 65k and 27k around the plant?

I have 4 20w 27k bulbs, 4 26w 65k bulbs, and only 1 55w 27k bulb

Using those and only 5 bulbs, what would you recommend? what I posted above or all around 65k and top being the 27k?

Oh and I'm only doing 1 plant at a time

13. #13 StonedMonk, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
    Day 4 Changed side bulbs to 6500k for veg stage and top light is 2700k large 55w bulb
    [​IMG]

14. #14 Bossvegeta1, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
    Sounds like your on the rite path auto's it dosn't really matter about the lights temp that much but the more real watts the more Bud you will get in the end CFL's have to be very close to the bud sites when I used them I liked to have them all around the plant as much as I could. But like I said yor on the rite path and it's your grow so just do what work for you in your space and enjoy the low cost Dank.

15. Just added another 65k CFL so now there is 3 65k on the east, west, and south side and 1 large 27k on top

16. #16 StonedMonk, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2011
    Day 5, Lifted the middle light up cuz she was being a lil lazy and wouldn't stand up...
    [​IMG]

17. Looking good. I happen to be growing the same strain. Mine is about a week and a half older though.

Goodluck with your grow. I'll be watching how yours turns out.

18. Sorry for the double post but I don't know how to edit from this app ..

But anyways I forgot to mention that I have experience growing with the aerogarden. You can grow up to 2 plants all the way through flowering with it. Autoflowers that is. I grew 1 roadrunner and 1 top 69 all ssazthe way through with ease. Just stay on top of the ph and its no sweat .

If you might be wondering what the size and yield of the harvest was ill tell you. The roadrunner produced about 2 ounces and that's not counting the massive main cola I lost to mold. The top 69 produced the same. They both grew to about 3.5 feet.

I have a grow journal for it around here somewhere that I never finished. Vb tokers first AG grow is the title. Might find some useful info there

19. Day 9 about to start adding nutes tomorrow. My plans are 9 Week Cycle

Week 1: pure h20 ph 5.5

Week 2: G=1 M=.5 B=.5

Week 3: G=2 M=1 B=1

Week 4: G=1 M=1 B=2

Week 5: G=0 M=1 B=2.5

Week 6-7: G=0 M=.5 B=3 (continue week 6 as needed if a longer strain)

Week 8-9: Flush

[​IMG]

Does it look ok?