DWC Help.....Im A Newbie

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by JaeNeph, Oct 18, 2013.

1. I'm going with DWC for my first ever grow and will be using the scrog method. My question is since I'm using the DWC method do I NEED a top feed system? I will b using a 18 gal tub for the res. with six plants in it

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. It's not necessary. Just helps.

3. never used a top feed. I just keep my water level high until a solid root system is built then drop it down. as long as you have a solid amount of DO and maintain optimum res temps, dwc is a piece of cake.

4. Thanx for the help one other question.....what is the best nutes for beginners and is it available at home depot true value ect

5. #5 TheAnswer121, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
    is this really in the forum help section? silly newb :laughing:  mod can we get this in the right forum por favor?
    or not. thought I was helping. oh well, thank you for ur hostility

6. @TheAnswer121 If your tryin to be funny don't answer shit homeboy....I'm jus startin... so I dont know da stuff yall do...If u don't wanna help me jump up off my post

7. Um, if this is your first grow. You might wanna cut back the amout of plants you are starting out with. 5 gal bubble boy set up is very inexpensive and you can order it from Better Grow Hydro. Check it out how its set up and you can do the same thing with stuff that you find at Wal-Mart. You can use house plant food, but just make sure you ph your rez solution.  Your plant will tell you what it needs, do research as to what nitro deff and cal mag deffs look like so you can trouble shoot your crop. Hope this helps bro.

no you don't need top feed. The roots will all be submerged so there is no danger of anything running dry

I believe growth technology's ionic nutrients are the best. You use the grow bottle when vegging, and the bloom bottle when flowering. No mixing the two together so nothing can go wrong. All you have to do is provide the plant with the same strength nutrient solution as its currently taking up. This way you can't over or underdose the plants.

You will need a digital PH meter and a nutrient strength meter such as an EC, ppm, cf, or tds meter, and some PH up and PH down

9. Thanks I appreciate it....I will b starting my first one this weekend