DWC & foggers updated rig

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by jollyrancher1, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Great stuff. All the bestSent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Getting ready to harvest:

Grows are very consistent.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jolly R I've been sending blades to read up on your grow who ask about led..i get tired of telling them you need at least 800w with at least 5w diodes to achieve a decent yield coupled with a systm like your misting systm..I only use my led for transiton/veg and hid the rest of the way..i like the mist systm but the fabrication is beyond my diy ability so i'll stick with my dwc rig for now

4. Thanks for the comps.

I take my growing seriously.

Calif Lightworks liked the manifold I designed.

5. Jolly that's the thing these blades can't wrap their heads around..leds DO generate heat and the higher watts quite a bit and you will have to vent the cab/led just like with hid so why not just go with hid and then later upgrade to led and use same vent systm for led and save money..i spend time on the super closet thread helping blades out who just spent 3K on these rip off rigs that trade on people's hopes of pounds ..the power of advertising is duping many people judging by the number of views of the thread..i'll continue sending them to read your thread

6. I am throughly convinced about LEDs, but there are caveats (like the heat) and the weight, which is of a concern if you have a tent.

As it was, I had to go to a double pulley and anchor into the ceiling studs for support.

The roof on my chamber was buckling. 

7. Hi Jolly. I have read through the entire thread and I do not understand why one would need air Stones in a fogponic system. I figure normal hydroponics needs air in the water, and fogponics has water in the air. Can anyone please explain?

(Note that i do not grow weed, but herbs and veggies)

8. It is not just a fogponic system but a DWC also.

A well oxygenated recirculating solution is the ticket.

I have also started using foggers from another source and they seem to produce much more fog then the ones I had been using.

I thought they all came from the same factory in China. lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Here are pics of the new crop from seeds.

Decided to start with seeds after running the last batch for over three years taking clones.

Got one "runt" that may not make it, but I want to see what sex it is before I yank it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for the comps.

Here is a link is there for the vendor for the tanks.

http://www.usplastic.com

Nirvana for almost anything plastic.

11. Lol, here and subbed thanks for the link friend

12. Really cool setup. Never heard of fogponics. I will definitely be trying this.

13. Thanks for the interest and comps.
    The system works very well.
    The latest update to it is I got rid of the OEM transformers that power the foggers and now use outdoor/indoor low voltage lighting transformers that have a built in circuit breaker.
    The reason is that when a fogger fails (they do fail!) they tend to short out and then the OEM transformer goes POOF.

14. Just updating this thread.

I am still using a Calif Lightworks 880.

Updated the foggers to 3 head stainless types and now I don't have to coat them with epoxy to keep them from dissolving.

Yields are very consistent and within 1 lb give or take a couple of oz.

Record was 22 oz.

15. Update:

Replaced the CLW 880 with a CLW 550 adjustable.

I gained about 15 inches in height and my electric bill is about $100.00 @ month cheaper.