DWC & foggers updated rig

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by jollyrancher1, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Nice Thread JR

2. #242 jollyrancher1, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
    Thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

Has tracked the evolution of my rig for quite a while!

From 400w to 600w to LED (Whoo Hoo!)

3. Hey Jolly! Just finished my 2nd grow and got great results. Ya gotta another grow going?

4. #244 jollyrancher1, Jan 6, 2013
    Hey Weed.

Happy new year (?) to ya!

As a matter of fact, harvesting this weekend. :D

I had a product evaluation done by some "experts" in northern Calif. :smoking:

They said it was right up there with their stuff. :hello:

Not bad for a closet grow!

LED's sure don't work like an HID huh?

I have all my HID stuff for sale.

5. #245 Weed Dude, Jan 6, 2013
    Happy New Year ! I have done the same blind test. Still learning . I am running around
    550 watts LED using 4 units. My cost savings has been great. Still tweaking my system. I followed your lead and aerated my reservoir. That made a vast improvement. Here is a funny thing I just read through your entire journal. It didn't dawn on me that I started my very first grow here. I just wanted to Thank You for all of your advice and encouragement! My first grow was 3 1/2 zips. Now I am closing in on the 1 lb range. Who would of known !!

6. Thanks for the comps.

Pretty bitchin when you end up with over a pound of very good product huh?

You get a chiller yet?

7. Just read through every page. pretty damn cool setup. Glad you found the power of LED's haha. For my flowering I mix 1000w hps with 180w blackstar, not a big led but im hoping to add more led wattage soon. Anyways + rep for 10 weeks to a lb with 6 plants!

8. Still haven't gotten a chiller... Really haven't monitored by reservoir temps that close.I know the aeration has helped. Since I got rid of the HID my heat hasn't been that bad. I still need to ventilate the tent but not like before. Right now I am dealing with the plants getting to close to the lights.Your limited on space in a tent. I did enjoy that article was very informative! Keep it Green

9. What do you mean? "Led's sure don't work like a Hid." What is the down side of LED's I am a Novice and not being sarcastic, just looking for good information. Thank You Ketinkrad

10. #250 jollyrancher1, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2013
    I haven't found a "downside" to LED's, that is why all my HID stuff is for sale.

I will qualify that statement as I have only used two LED systems.

One I use for my clones and the other, a CALW "Solarstorm 800" I use for my grow.

It kicks ass on the HID (COOLTUBE, Lumatek adjustable 600w ballast) I was using.

11. What light setup do you use for seedlings? Thank You Ketinkrad

12. Start reading from post #206.

13. Here is a picture of what happened when my chiller went bonkers and would not shut off. :eek:

Didn't freeze and kill the plant, quite the opposite. :hello:

I normally run @ 6o deg F and the soup ran @ 42-44 deg F for about three days.

Chillers make a difference!

Attached Files:

14. Harvested.

Yield was down as the chiller must have stressed a couple of plants when it went apeshit.

At least it didn't freeze and kill the crop.

About 13 oz's, usual yield is around 18.

Quality still kicks ass.

Led's all the way.

:D

15. jolly thanx for the link here now i gotta go bk and read the whole thread before i ask questions ..very tight rig

16. Here are some current pics of my rig with the CLW 800 Solarstorm and the exhaust manifold I built as the heat was not happening.

Clones just put into bloom and cuttings in clone grower.

Attached Files:

17. Thanks to the moderators!

Ban the trolls and haters.

18. right on, looking good.

been a while since I've read through your thread- do you use any liquid hormones for late flowering? i.e. gravity, bud xL, top booster, pk 13/14?

19. Sorry for the late reply.

I use Koolbloom liquid in bloom and on week #9 I run Koolbloom dry (one dose).

Week #10 I run 50% nuts till harvest, no bloom additives (flush mode).

20. #260 jollyrancher1, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
    Here is crop #30 ready to harvest and the clones ready to go in.

I think I have the process pretty much under control.

Yields are very consistent.

Attached Files: