DWC Feeding Cycles, flushing and stressing ?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Walliby, Mar 23, 2012.

1. hey guys, i have a few questions i watched green house seeds [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dcWWF1Gt5o&feature=related]Grow video[/ame] of their Super lemon haze and on it they suggested putting the plant in total darkness for the last 2 weeks before harvest. this i havn't heard of before but it makes the plant stress and excrete more resin, is this correct? is it advisable to do this in DWC? also another thing they did was Flushing the plant early in flower and starving it essentially for a awhile then feed it.

Can anyone clear this up? i was somewhat under the impression all you had to do was slowly increase the PPM while changing formula from grow to bloom etc. then try to keep it just below nute burn then flush at the final two weeks before harvest. all 12/12

If anyone can clarify this for me i would really appreciate it. thanks

2. 2 weeks of darkness is dead plants.

Go with original plan.

3. Yea I have seen the greenhouse super lemon video and they definitely don't say 2 weeks of darkness..

4. #4 Walliby, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    derp i read the information off Nirvana Seeds white widow discription... can anyone vouch for this method?

original seeds are (60%/40%) indica/sativa cross-strain and is best suited to indoor cannabis cultivation. Cannabis seeds grow as high as 35-80 cm with the yield up to 450 gr per m2. It's suggested to flower (12 hour light) this marijuana variety for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. Try to turn the lights off altogether the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle- or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from re-growth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower! The buds have so much THC on them that it is hard to see them at all.

5. Try it then.

I bet you wish you hadn't.

Wonder why it is never mentioned in a sticky. Hint hint

6. I can't imagine a seed company would suggest anything negative.

oh well, maybe a gimmick to sell seeds.

7. #7 CL4P-TP, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    The Nirvana Seed Shop description ( "from the horses mouth" as it were)

And from The Attitude's Nirvana WW page ( same description for both fems and regs.. I checked.)

Gypsy Nirvana's description Nirvana Seeds W.W.

Single Seed Center
    Groshop Alien

Sea of Seeds ( ahh the guilty party as been found !)

part in red, is complete bullshit. (I'd go with the majority..)

not sure why it is there ..but I have sent em a Email about it.

Wharf

8. #8 Walliby, Mar 25, 2012

GrassCity keeps jacking my attitude seedbank link....

anyway, on attitude seedbank is where i copy/pasted that from...... strange that it wouldn't be on nirvana's site....

9. #9 CL4P-TP, Mar 25, 2012
    no it was SoS...

sorry was editing, while you were typing.

EDIT . DOH !! it's both of em +rep 69..

I just got out of bed .. first link was from my Kindle Fire in bed. (I need a cup of coffee BRB)

Wharf

10. Quick question, in that Greenhouse seeds video they flush the system and dry the roots out for oxygen for 5 days. if this was being grown in DWC Buckets, how would one go about that like they did? drop the ppm's to real low for 5 days then hammer it with full strength?

11. Yeah, what Wharf said...
    I read a similar thread years ago, and would have bet doobies to doughnuts they said 2-3 DAYS. Two weeks, no way!!!!

12. that sounds much more reasonable, and worth a try. i agree that two weeks of total darkness at the end of flowering would be stupid, to put it plainly, imo.