Dwc drinking to much

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Snootdogg71, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Iv got one plant growing just now but is drinking excessive amounts of water its scorg it's going tho about 13 litre every 2 days is this normal the plant looks beautiful I'm putting nutrients in every second time I add water or am I just worrying for nothing iv added a photo any help would be grateful 4 weeks into flowering thanks

Attached Files:

2. It's fine. The bigger the plant the more it drinks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. 20190424_083947.jpg This is how I solved that problem .
    Most have a small grow bucket and a large recirculating reservoir .
    I cut out the external water hoses.
    My systems are self contained

On normal day my plants use 5 gallons per plant
    And I have seen up to 6 to 8 gallons per day per plant
    This on a larger
    20190711_123740.jpg 20190424_083856.jpg
    These are the 20 gallon totes
    Now switching to 30 gallon totes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 30 gallon tote 20190611_194902.jpg 20190611_194824.jpg

5. Thanks bud

• Like Like x 1
  6. This is the way I was instructed to use Nutrients in a RDWC systems.
    This so called formula has everything to do with size of the plant and how much water the plant uses on a day to day bases .
    My point is you need a way for the reservoir to adapt to the growth of the plant to match nutrient usage charts .
    I am using Canna nutrients .
    I always mix 1/2 strength .
    Example
    Your first mix day one
    You have 30 gallon totes but you only put in 12 gallons because its a small plant ..
    The plant uses 6 gallons over the next 3 days , and you refill the with 6 more gallons , 3 days later the same thing .3 more days you pump out the old water and refill to 18 gallons because your plants are now bigger and using slightly more water .
    Nutrients when mixed into your system are designed to be used up in 7 to 10 days .
    Then you must pump or drain out the system and replace all the water .
    You need to know I spent close to 800.00 for a commercial RO system .
    and had to shit can the first RO system I bought because the water here is over 600 PPM and the PH levels are over 8.2 .

One thing I have found ,,,, you need to flush the system often like ever 5 weeks for a week .
    PS I don't use hydro guard not bleach in my systems .
    IMO It is a must that your pond pumps have a filtering system on them ..
    I use pond Mag 350 GPH pond pumps .
    I per tote with Bubblier system too.

7. You need to flush …...

8. That's great bit off advice I'm only using 19 litre pot with 2 flat stone bubblers an iv not bn to sure off nutrients this time so bn adding every second water

9. Are you using RO water?
    I can give a list of nutrients I use .

10. I'm using canna,enzyme plus,cal mag an that's all iv used bn using tap water that sit for 36 hours before I top up bn draining 19 litre tank every two weeks then fill with fresh water an nutrients

11. The way I grow I have never wavered away from the perimeters .
    I go by a strict recipe which includes using RO water

12. In others words what I do may not for you just because of the water and what's in it .

13. I will definitely hav look for my nxt grow not sure about nutrient boosters an final stage boosters so hav left them for now