dwc confusion. please clear up.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by KyungYi, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Hey GC,
    Got a hydroponic question for everyone with experience I. Dwc.
    Okay I'm a little confused about whether this method is dwc or something different.
    Pkay if I had 4 5gal. Buckets all hooked up via PVC/ball valves, and then one bucket for a reservoir, would I just have to PH the res. water seeing as how the res. would keep the other buckets levels maintained where I wanted them. Or would I still have to ph every bucket individually?
    Also when refilling nutrients would I simply add them to the res. to get that ph right ams the rest of the buckets would follow suit since they are all together?

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Kyung Yi

2. Thanks for the reply ti.

I'll be sure to read the post. I'm still a bit confused on nutrients though. Would I just mix and ph the reservoir bucket or would I have to do all buckets individually even though they're all hooked?
    Thanks again!

-Kyung Yi

3. You only mess with the controller bucket...the inline pump pushes the solution to every bucket

4. Thanks TI!

I've been trying to wrap my head around this recirculating thing for the past few days. Thanks for the link and clearing sum of my confusion up. I really appreciate it.

One more thing... So when u first start the grow u are filling your res. with clean water then adding your nutes which then circulate out correct?

Thanks again man!

-Kyung Yi

5. I premix my nutes in a separate bucket and dump into my controller...but you can use pure water and add the nutes in the controller, just do so slowly

6. Cool. Thanks man for all the advice.

When u dump into your controller its empty right, otherwise it would dilute your solution more? Is that thinking correct?

Also how often do u flush your system? Or is there no need to flush becuz its recirculating?

Sorry for all the questions bro. I'm just getting started with hydro after being a soil guy for forever.

Thanks!

-Kyung Yi

7. When ph balancing/ adding nutes cut off your controller. If you adjust for ph intending for say 5.5-5.7 and you mess up and make it 6.4 your plants ate not going to like it.