DWC CFL Autoflower Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by JAMTOKER, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Hello everybody,
    it's great to be back on here browsing the forums again. it's making me anxious to get going again, but before i do, i wanted to run some things by my friends here at GC :wave:

I have been reading up on DWC recently and i really want to give it a try. i've never attempted any type of hydro grow, so i will surely need some help along the way.

as far as my set up goes, i haven't purchased anything yet. i figured i would check with you guys first to make sure what i am getting are quality items. so that being said, my list consists of this so far:

• 2x 5 gallon (single site) DWC set up from Viagrow
    • 2x 105w CFL 2700k
    • 2x 105w CFL 6500k
    • GH classic flora series nutes (grow, micro, bloom) following Lucas system
    • 5 autoflower seeds (debating between Auto AK and Easy Ryder)
    • pH meter (any suggestions)
    • TDS meter (necessary if following Lucas feeding schedule?)
    • thermometer/hygrometer (any recommendations?)

as far as lights that i already have (to be added for flowering):

• 3x 20w CFL 2700k
    • 2x 26w CFL 2700k
    • 1x 47w CFL 2700k

i am growing in a walk-in storage closet that is approximately 2.5 ft wide and 4 ft deep. i am a little worried about ventilation as there really isn't any, although i'm hoping that it wont be an issue as long as there is circulation in the room, because CFLs are notoriously cool bulbs.

Help me get started GC!:hello:

• Which genetics do i choose?

• Will i have enough light?

• Are GH flora series nutes a good route?

• And lastly are the "Viagrow" 5 gal bbl buckets worth the $40 each? (comes with bag of hydroton, air pump, air stone)

any comments and/or suggestions much appreciated!

2. Good to see you JAM, I don't know anything about hydroponics but I would imagine there is a cheaper route then this in terms of the bucket. I'm talking out my ass so I hope my answers don't stink to much (sorry I've been listening to too much rap). The ventilation could also become a smell issue...maybe idfk what I'm talking about. I think you should just get genetics that are good, finding good genetics is much easier then finding the best genetics. I'm excited to watch this unfold

Jam it hard, jam it true! -TS

3. Thanks for the response TS.

I decided to go with a pack of dinafem auto amnesia seeds, and as for the bucket, I am doing a DIY. Everything is ordered and now I'm just waiting for a few packages, the suspense is killing me!!! Can't wait to get this grow off the ground and get it going.

I think I will make a new thread for the grow, I will post a link here when i get it up.

Happy growing everybody.