Dwc Bubbler System Roots Are Covered With Alge

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by bubhij, May 18, 2014.

1. Hello I'm new and has a system that I'm in my first week of flowering and my roots are cover with black slim could some one help please ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400440260.966083.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400440308.447197.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Thanks for responding and my temps are between 75 and 80 degrees and yes the res is not light proof so is that going to hurt the plants in the end sorry to be so forward and thanks again for the help

3. What is the temp of your res?

4. And algae will eat up your nutes so your plant won't get them. I would flush your res and get some H202 or some peroxide at the very least and scrub that res out good before you add any nutrients back to it. 

Hard to tell from your picture but they don't look very big to go to flower. How long did you veg and how big are your plants?

5. Well I did 4 week of veg 2 1/2 inches

6. Ok thank I'll clean it an get back to you

7. Wrote this for another thread but it should answer your questions...............Hold on a minute if he has root problems or Rez probs the h2o2 is the safest way to clean the roots and strip them of everything once n I said soaks of 20min before Rez change until roots are healthy every Rez change is not a good idea however but introducing benificals in the Rez is the most effective method of curing root rot I battled with this several times for a couple months I learned the hard way but I know this method will speed up root growth and all you need in your Rez is reveres osmosis water 4ml cal mag benificals or orca great white I prefer orca because it's been the most effective and if your Rez temps rise it will destroy the parasites that cause root Rot I know what I'm talking about this method will keep your plants health along with 1-2 watt a gallon air pump pumping cool air in the water the more watts the better and add either grow formula for veg or bloom for flower you do not water to use vinegar in your Rez period it will kill off benificals faster than h2o2 but I don't add it in my Rez I clean my Rez with cleaning vinegar and dawn dish soap I use ph up and down in reverse osmosis water it doesn't talk much also my Rez stay stable at a steady ph of 5.7-5.8 so if my method is stable and grows monsters why argue with a vet this isn't my first rodeo and it won't be my last I sell my crop to medical shops and have a top notch credit with them I did four Girl Scout cookies under one 600watt ushio hps bulb air cooled hood and my thc was tested at 27% I think I know what I'm talking about and so do my card holders I'm a grower for 4 card holders and none of them complain about my products I'm sick of false information being givin to people who actually need help I know how to cure root rot and Rez issues it's a lot simpler than one would think I use ro water 3-4 gallon 5 gallon bucket Cali magic(cal mag) 4ml then add orca 5ml then I add nuts I like dyna gro as it performs as well as advanced I ph up to 5.7-5.8 and put my net pot back on the bucket and watch for bugs that's it I don't have to worry about nuts burn or ph burn just water levels and ph the water as needed (every 2-3 days it needs more in flower) (veg anywhere from 2-5 day needs water) Rez change every week no exemptions same formula as I stated slowly increasing fresh nutes only every 7 days tell flower I grow hydro fora living I used to lolly pop them sea of green I'm trying scrog this time I've never domes org but seen great results I hope I've explained myself well enough and if followed you too can have massive yields any questions I'll be happy to answer them this is a hobby and life style and I absolutely love doing it

8. That's not algae. Its root rot. Algae does not harm plants it only clogs lines and that is the only time it becomes a issue. If algae hurts plants then how do plants grow in ponds with algae all over the place? Because it doesn't hurt the plants. You have root rot.  Usually from raising the ppm too fast or adding too much organic matter. I'd bet in this case you're running too high of a ppm and they are stressed out so now the bad bacteria is has a opportunity to take over.

I think you should dilute your solution by 50%. This always helps reduce the stress on the plants and allows their sars (system acquired response system) to fight off the root bacteria. If you aren't using organic nutes or additives and are running a acceptable ph and ppm they will recover with out you messing with them.

Things that can speed this process up are adding food grade h2o2 to kill the bacteria or adding beneficial mycorrhizae to fight the bacteria. The mycos will multiply in the system and continue to fight bad bacterias, the h2o2 will have to be re added every few days but it will also add dissolved o2 to the water and plants love that. Its really up to the grower what they want to use or if they even want to use it. It really is not needed, they can fight it off and with proper nutrient management it wont return.

Things that can add to the problem are added enzymes, organic nutrients, high water temperatures, high nutrient solutions, constantly changing the nutrient solution and not giving them enough time to adjust to it. Every time you change the nutes you add more salts to the salts that the last nute run left behind and before you know it you have one salty formula and then you will get rusty looking burned up plants. If your plants are in too stressful of a environment then root rot will constantly plague you. Many many things can cause a stressful environment for the plants.

Those things look like babies. Tone it down a notch, they are sensitive at this size.

9. I agree rot root.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

10. I use water temps between 66-70 degrees, your water temps are to high.

11. Hot water like that has low oxygen, which is essential for hydro

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401754747.456482.jpg

12. With 4 plants I can easily get 4-6 lbs using DWC

13. That's a serious amount how many lights

14. LOL,
    Yes. The light leakage is your entire problem.

And yours is bad.

You need to get the roots light proof. Thats if they survive that toxic soup youve created....

Also, those temps are high too.

15. 1 light, I rotate plants once a day, and Co2 boost the hell out of em

16. That C99 I grew gave me 10 1/2 oz of one plant and it got sick

17. I'm proof you don't need a bunch of lights or plants to produce large amounts of sticky buds. ;-)

18. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401756038.637532.jpg not a good pic, but that's C99 tasted like candy

19. Youre proof that people make claims without proof.

Ive gotten some one pound plants under a single 600w and helped a neighbor grow 80 1 pound plants of kush to completion.

But saying your proof with no grow journal and nothing more doesnt really mean much man.