DWC Bubbler bucket grow/soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sinscalyx, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Update on my grow. I have 5 plants in 2 bubbler buckets and 1 in soil. Doing a side by side grow comparison. The reason I have more than 1 per bucket is because I know I will have some males that I will have to pull out. If for some reason I have 2 females in a single bucket I will have to decide to add another bucket or just let grow as is. All look great,all have or are starting their 5 fan sets. 1 has 7 fan sets already. I'm using dyna- gro veg fert. PH is adjusted to 5.5-5.8. Weekly water changes and using a chlorine remover as well. What do u think?

ForumRunner_20130331_130634.png

2. looking good, how will you separate a male plant from a female?

3. Cut the stalk and then jimmy that bitch out,haha

4. The way I see it is when they show sex the roots won't be as big as if it was a fully mature flowering plant. So I don't see it being a big hassle.

5. you will be very surprised to see just how big those roots are 2-3 weeks into veg. the two plants root systems will be completely intermingled. imo

6. Well then I will just cut the stalk and trim the roots off of the male.

7. if you leave any of the male roots in the water they will likely rot and cause you problems. you may not be up for this but I recently had to do a similar thing. I dunked the lot in the bath. roots are easily slipped apart when whooshed about under water. this will involve separating all the clay balls and you will have to pot up again. I did it and the plant showed no signs of stress at all. good luck with it :)

8. why are you removing the chlorine? I add extra, it's great for keeping bacteria at bay, and when h2o2 dissipates it turns to h2o and o. 2o's will pair up and make o2. so the bleach turns in to water and oxygen within a couple of days. I add peroxide every 4 days

9. Well I will try the wash when they show signs of sex,thanx.
    I read somewhere that the chlorine will cause build up in the roots and clog them from being able to absorb all of the nutes. Something about a salt build up....

10. just to give you an idea of what you will be up against. only you will have 2 plants in 1

Attached Files: