DWC Bubble Bucket Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by guitargasm, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Hey wondering how often you have to empty the bubble bucket system and put fresh water in, also how would a resivour work. The plants are going to be going through a lot of water, and this would incline that you might have to have a resivour waiting unless you hook up a supply to each bucket. So how would one go about setting up such a system that would include say 3 bubble buckets all hooked up to a resivour.

Sorry about the questions just trying to make sure everythings right before I do anything serious.

Thanks

2. Well sadly i am the 1st to reply to this but i read the 1st 70 or so pages of the build a bubble bucket thread by rumple and i think i got a system that might just give me the results that i want.

If anyone has any input on the prior post, I would be more than happy to hear it.

3. The reason folks are not quick to respond is the questions are not real clear.

How often your need to add water or flush with water depends an the feeding style you plan on following.

I use a reservoir to help buffer the nutrient use. I don't have to adjust PH and nutrients as often. It is not a must have item

4. Yea I see that now, sorry for the confusion. Also thanks for the help, your bubble bucket guide is amazing, from reading it I have gained an immense amount of knowledge on my questions and am probably going to go with your system, insted of a continous flow.

Question to you, unrelated to this thread, Do you use a conversion bulb that can go MH for veg then HPS for flower or all HPS? Just a question because I am leaning toward the MH/HPS system because it will help in the vegitative stage. Can you vent from a grow tent into the room the tent is in? Gut instinct says no but if that room could be cooled by an AC perhaps. Could that work?

Sorry for my questions I have done adequate research to give me a perspective but I would like the opinion of a master grower.

Thanks again

5. Pretty good questions. Conversion bulbs do work but cost more then normal bulbs. What I do is use a digital ballast (also known as an E-ballast) that can take either MH or HPS bulbs. The normal bulbs tend to work better. I buy my bulbs at the hardware store (Lowes). I get a normal 400 watt MH bulb and a 400 watt HPS bulb.

The problem with exhaust is that it smells and its warm. If that is not going to be a problem for you, then it will be just fine.

6. Thanks I think I will look into that. I have a place to vent my exaust and I am going to use a carbon scrubber to combat the smell. But I cannot thank you enough for the bubble bucket setup and the aerocloner, I am a huge fan of DIY