Dwc berry bomb

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GingaNinja, Jul 18, 2012.

1. So I skipped a journal with my last grow so I thought I should show that off as well as show my current grow. So here are a few pictures of my last grow which netted a bit over 2.5 oz.

20120109_165928.jpg

20120116_120410.jpg

20120126_195307.jpg

20120205_180419.jpg

20120302_214333.jpg

20120331_213109.jpg

20120405_224620.jpg

20120415_213957.jpg

20120423_200050.jpg

20120425_205550.jpg

That was grown in a mini fridge for the majority of its life on 140 watt HPS

2. This time I am working with a bit more space and better equipment.
    I have:
    (1) 2X3X5 grow tent
    (1) 250 W HPS and MH changeable ballast
    (1) cool tube
    (1) 400 cfm 6" blower
    (1) 6 inch carbon filter
    (1) small rotating fan
    (1) Thermometer with humidity guide

I am using the lower light (0/5/10) Lucas Formula and am on day 2 of 12/12 in flowering of a bag seed. This is my last bag seed I will try and if it goes male I have good genetics on the way.

Right now the temps in my tent average between 72-84*F and humidity ranges between 32%-50%. The ppm stays right around 560 ish and the pH varies around 5.8-5.9. From seed, this plant is about 3 weeks old.

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

IMAG0293.jpg

IMAG0296.jpg

3. not bad looking! any specific reason why its sitting on the side of the lid rather in the middle?

4. I have 2 holes for 2 plants, but the first one died so this baby (girl hopefully) is rolling solo for this grow.

5. Added 3mL of CalMag today. I found a few spots on lower leaves that concerned me and I feel the plant could be a deeper green, but I figure the calmag should fix both, the color will get deeper with the added N, and hopefully fix any other little spots.

IMAG0299.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg

IMAG0298.jpg

BTW, does anyone know how far a plant can be from a cool tube? I was wondering that today as I realized how close the plant was getting to the light.

6. my plants sit maybe 6 inches below my tube...running a 600 and a 400...the 400 is suspended...no cooltube

7. So I can run my 250 in a cool tube almost right on top of it, kind of like CFLs. Interesting. I think I will try to add a few CFLS in my tent to bump up the available watts.

8. #8 GingaNinja, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
    Topped and Fim'd it a few days ago, and the recovery seems to be going nicely. Also, a much deeper green since the Calmag. It has been drinking like crazy recently - a half gallon in the last 2 days. It also seems to have gotten bushier.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Got a package from attitude yesterday with 2 seeds all feminized so if this one turns out to be a male I am covered. I got (1) Berry Bomb, (1) Big Bud X White Widow, and (1) Mazar X Great White Shark.

Is there anything I should add later on to make the buds bigger and tighter or does the Lucas formula pretty much cover all the bases?

9. Pretty sure I am seeing the beginning of nuts. Damn.
    Oh well, I guess that means I should throw another bean in next week. I think Berry Bomb will be my first to try.

10. A true male. Killed it today, want to have a plant sprouting by the 1st. Berry Bomb will be tried.

11. damn sorry to hear bro...hope you come bouncing back quick!

12. Well I guess I should show the beginning of the new grow. I bought a solo Berry Bomb and decided to give it a go. I plan on throwing it into flower after a little less than a month. If it gets bushy I might even think about SCROG.

Attached Files:

13. Scrog her! Its just an advice but you've checked my grow and you've seen what a 250w hps and a simple hydroponics system can do so, count on her getting bushy rather then fighthing with her size later on. This is something i wish i had learnt way earlier then i did :p

14. Tagging along for the ride, never heard of Berry Bomb, going to have to check it out. I've got a Northern Lights x Big Bud in veg right now, wonder how similar it'd be to your Big Bud x White Widow...

15. Hey Brady, thanks for stopping by!:wave: The NL X BB sounds GREAT! I am interested in how it comes out, and will be swinging by your journal in a few to get caught up.

Berry Bomb caught my eye because of the picture, its bright pink, but is supposed to have a blueberry taste, and the only 2 smoke reports I have read said it was an incredible smoke. Here is the picture that Bomb Seeds put up. [​IMG] :eek:

In other news, the seed split yesterday and I plopped it into some rockwool. I might go buy some root enhancer as I heard that can really kick up the root development early. Anyone heard anything like this?

Attached Files:

16. i dont think you need a root enhancer...i think you will do just fine...keep it simple

17. We have sprouts! It is going in the tent now to be under 24/7 lights under the 100 Watts of CFLs I threw in there. I think I will go buy a new MH bulb tomorrow and once I see a root pop out where I can throw it into a bubble bucket have her under a HID. I am thinking about 4 weeks of vegging which would have me switch on 8/26.

Attached Files:

18. Bad news. The rock wool dried out over night and my baby is pretty much dead. FML, bad luck recently. Guess I will go with the WW X Big Bud next, but I will have to start that next week. Hope all is well with everyone.

19. Really sorry to hear that man. I tried rockwool several times when I first started growing (just used bagseed), and I had that problem quite often. I was constantly over/underwatering, I could never keep the stuff "just right." Hope your next little one does better, I'm really excited to see your WW x BB. No idea yet when I'm flowering my NL x BB, but it will be fun to compare results.

Best of luck to you! :smoke:

20. Read through the thead, and man, rough luck. Sorry bought the rockwool, I had a couple dry out on me, and mananged to save a couple, but I feel your pain. Were you using a moisture dome?