Dwc and rdwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Popcorn, Apr 13, 2019.

1. I have been looking around and I am trying to figure out the difference between the two dwc setups. From what I can see rdwc is alot more expensive, why is it more?

2. I don't know what you were looking at but there is very little cost difference between the two. A waterfarm kit includes everything you need and it runs about $45. A DWC kit runs about $40. Both include bucket, airstone, air pump, hydroton, and tubing - the waterfarm also includes nutrients.

3. RDWC is more convenient than DWC when multiple growing buckets are used, because there is usually just one master reservoir with float valve to be ppm/pH adjusted, instead of several individual buckets.
    If the recirculation is done with always-on top feed, then the air stones can be eliminated, because dripping water produces great aeration. But recirculation adds complexity and heat.

I believe the simplest DWC setup for 2-4 plants is a General Hydroponics Ecogrower (sold without unneeded air stones), with unused plant sites filled with hydroton in netpots to be dripped on. The 13 usable gallon reservoir has fairly stable ppm/pH, and nute solution is easily added/subtracted/adjusted.

Extra convenience can be had by hooking this up to a float valve controlled master reservoir, like the GH Waterfarm-8 controller.

4. I was looking more at a 6 bucket system and the dwc kit was around 150 and the rdwc was about 500.

5. The hydrowest 6 bucket rdwc setup cost a bit more than $200.
    There's a cheaper one on amazon:
    H2otogro also some interesting setups.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. I was just interested I am going to be running a 6 bucket dec system I have a friend who is gonna help me set it up who has done it. But since I have some people rolling with me on the discussion of hydro what's the deal with the bins? If that makes sense it like a rubbermaid bucket.