DWC 2x2x4 450W LED grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Weaponized, Aug 7, 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Thanks for joining us. If you have question or advice during this grow please dont hesitate to post.

Chemdawg 2x2x4 Viparspectra 450w LED DWC DWC 2x2x4 450W LED grow

• Like Like x 1
  2. Checked how our miracle seed is doing, we have a 1/2" taproot. Time for the dome. I will post picks later, i want to see what the readings are in the dome before I post.

3. #44 mr.green.hat, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    hey mate happy to see things are going well for you! What is the temperature in your tent? Its hard to tell in your pictures but it looks like you mite be circulating hot air inside your tent which is probably not ideal. General rule of thumb is cold air in through the bottom, hot air out through the top. any by out i mean vented outside of your tent.

It's also good to have a little bit of a vacuum inside your tent from the carbon filter trying to suck cold air in from the tents openings. This helps control the smell because everything is forced to go through the carbon filter. If you have positive air pressure(ie your circulating air back into your tent) your girls are going to start stinking to high heaven because the smell (aka air) wont all be forced through your carbon filter and escape out of the air ways in your tent(cracks/zips/factory holes etc).

If your temps and smell aren't an issue then no need to worry but just some things to think about if they are.

4. Temp stays under 80°f. I still need a circulation fan. The duct hose leading to the top is the exhaust and I am using a small peice of duct at the bottom to ensure no light leakage.

Temp in the dome is 79°F and the humidity is 70%[​IMG]

5. nice work man sounds like your all over it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Try not to do that too much. The roots don't like light. And there's tiny offshoots on those little roots that'll bind to the rockwool and you'll rip em up.
    But looks good man!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Probably a day or two before i prep the dwc. I want the roots to come out the rockwool first. Other than that everything is goin smooth. Question: does anyone have exp with chemdawg and know wht the stretch is like?

8. Tap root out. Im gonna give it 1 more day. Tomorrow ill prep the dwc and put her in on saturday with just phd water.[​IMG][​IMG]

9. If you're using hydroton I would just drop her in now and water from the top so the roots don't get damaged during placement into the net pot. Once they poke through the net pot position your air stone so the bubbles splash the roots and you won't have to hand water anymore. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. Here's my girl 37 days from seed in a 2x2 grown in coco. Under 1x 135 quantum board.
    20170909_045244160_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. #55 Weaponized, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Into the bucket she goes. Filtered water and I let it sit for 24 h. Ph'd down to 6.5 ppm 194.[​IMG][​IMG]

12. I will be maually top feeding with ph water until the roots breakthough the net pot

13. Yea im planning on getting a taller tent help with the height issue.

14. Srry meant respond to this lol

15. Here is updated pics. Saturday i will do a rez change and starting nutes at 1/8 th strenghth.[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Good looking setup man good work. I have the same light. will follow ur progress

Sent from my N9515 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1