DWC 2x2x4 450W LED grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Weaponized, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Ive heard and read about half a foot

• Like Like x 1
  2. I ran my led lights at 30" for seedlings, 18-24" for veg and like 12" for flower.
    Once your seedlings are stable and have a little size you can just about touch the plants with those lights. But you're best bet is to follow the mfg specs. Maybe go a little closer but they're suggested distances are pretty close.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Is that a 5gal res or a 3.5gal? I just ordered pretty much the exact same setup just with a 16x16x48 tent and 3.5gal res.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hey Man,

if you wanted to save on space you could do the below:

suggested_setup.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. This may be a stupid question, but I have to ask for peace of mind, do I have to use the ducting or can I just connect the filter directly to the fan? Asking for stealth reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. 5 gal

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. You can but you would need to make sure that where they connect is sealed.

8. I would move the fan outside but they wife wants it all contained.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Woot seeds came in. Im out running errands, but when I get home I will start the germination. Lets do this.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ok so I came home and checked out the seeds and two out of three are split open and the last one is under mature. I put in a ticket and I am waiting to see what they say. In the mean time, I re-thought my tent design and I think it came out way better than when I had it before.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. So yesterday i got some seeds that were already split open. I looked and the plant material inside the shell didnt look dried out so i thought i might as well try. 24 hours later and......pop. lets goooooooooo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Time for the real fun to start!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Im gonna let it go in the paper towel 1 more night while i soak the rockwool in ph'd water and prep a dome.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I do find the seeds with a 1/2" taproot seem to pop up real fast and grow better at the beginning. But within a week they all seem to be about the same for me at least.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #39 Weaponized, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Yea but i still prefer with the circustances of the seeds to give it the best chance to grow. So im gonna give time for the tap root to grow. Good advice.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Just got an email back from the seed company they are gonna resend my order.

• Like Like x 2