dvd burning questions

Discussion in 'General' started by chevyguy2034, Jan 2, 2005.

1. ok, will dvd shrink rip AND DECRYPT a dvd movie? same applies to dvd decrypter, or does each program only do one of those jobs, also, once ripped can i burn it to a dvd using intervideo windvd creator 2, or is there a different program that you guys highly recommend, thanks as always, peace

2. you only need those two programs but yes they do different things.
    You use dvd shrink to rip the movie to your hard drive and then use dvd decrypt to burn it onto a dvd-r.
    hope that helps!

3. alright, here is how I've been doing it...

I've been using dvd decyrpt to put it on my hard drive, and then nero to shrink it, recode it, and burn it too a dvd...

but then again one outta every 5 movies i try to burn won't work, so i think i'm doing something wrong here

4. well, i've heard that dvd shrink and dvd decrypter are both great freeware applications, so, should i use dvd shrink to rip or burn, and same question applies to dvd decrypter

edit: do i have to have nero to burn with dvd shrink?

5. What ive found to work so far is using Dvd Decrypter to backup the files onto my hard drive, then I use Dvd shrink to get rid of any unneccesary files, and compress as much as i need to, using the option to burn with Nero.

6. No nero isn't needed, it just does the work of two or more freeware apps

It compresses the file to fit on a blank dvd-r, it removes anything that is not needed, and it recodes and burns the files to the actual dvd-r.

I would try d/l'ing the new nero of a p2p if your having trouble, it makes things so much simpler, IMHO.

ps, this site helped me out a lot, maybe it can help you: http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/114

7. well yes nero does work....
    what I find to be the easiest and fastest way to burn movies without making expensive ass coasters is to open up dvd shrink....and follow the instructions about where to back the movie up to (anywhere on ur comp that has room for a little under 5 gigs) then check the box that says to immediately burn it to dvd after it has been ripped. This way as soon as its done being ripped (which takes about an hour depending on ur dvd burners speeds) its then burned onto a blank dvd. If you dont wanna burn it right away then you take the files from the dvd you ripped from (should be one compressed audio and one compressed video) and associate them with dvd decrypt. Then whenever you double click the video or audio file it opens them up to burn onto a dvd.
    You only need these two programs. Plus they were designed to work together so its almost as if they were one program in the end.

Hope this makes things simpler....its the way ive been doing it and it has worked everytime.

8. i've heard dvd x copy does all this in a simple and quick process, since you can no longer buy it, can anybody provide a link to somewhere that i can dl it from online?

9. fine, dont take my advice!!! lol j/k
    idk if you use or are aware of bittorrent. Its a program used to download files. If you dont have it google search for it and download it, its free.
    then go here: http://packetnews.com/

search for it under torrents heading and you should be good to go! :D

10. lol, sorry, i do appreciate your help, this is the method i tried first and i had some trouble, i'm used to using limewire for file sharing, i just switched over to a new pc, and haven't downloaded it yet, i'll probly dl it and search for dvd x copy, thanks for the help