Dutch Treat X NL X WW

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Spencer, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Growing Dutch Treat X NL X WW

100% germination of 10 seeds on 5-20-02. Put them into peat pots under four 40 watt fluorescent 24 hours temperature 78 degrees, set the lights 2" distance from plants. On 5-22-02 4 of the plants got fried. 5-29-02 Potted them up with Schultz soil mix and dolomite lime into 4" pots. 6-08-02 Plants have 3 sets of leaves. Mixed 1/4 tsp. of Peters 20-20-20 and a 1/2 tsp. of epsom salts in a gallon of water and applied to plants on 6-06-02. Again fertilized with same on 6-17-02. Plants repotted into 6" pots of the following soil mix;

1 bag (approx. 16 gal.) Cedar Grove potting soil
    1/4 volume of perlite
    4 cups bonemeal
    2 cups bloodmeal
    1 cup kelp meal

Put plants under 400 HPS circulating air with fan under 18 hrs.of light. Avg. height of plants: 8". Avg.number of nodes: 5. Soil ph: 7.0

6-26-02 temp high 95 degrees. Humidity 50%. 6-27-02 sprayed the leaves with Organics liquid kelp. 7-02-02 Repotted plants into 3 gal. pots. Used Schultz soil mix, Added 50% of volume with perlite, 2 cups of kelp meal, dolomite, and 25% of volume with composted steer manure.

7-10-02 Avg. height: 12 ". Temp: 76 degrees. Humidity: 65%. Soil ph: 7.0

7-13-02 Tem: 82.4. Humidity: 46%. Fertilized with 1 gal of water mixed with 1/2 tsp. of epsom salt, 1 tsp. of Sam's Deep Fertilizing Tomato Food (18-18-21) and 2 tsp. of hydrogen peroxide.

7-15 -02 Temp: 78 degrees. Humidity 55%. Plants are deep green color, short internodal space, lots of side branching, very bushy and I have not topped or cut. Avg. height: 18"

I can't decide whether to top them. I kinda like single colas because they can get so thick and tall.

As soon as I figure out how to post pics I will include them.

2. Watch the ferts though,,,to green is not desired,,,A Ph of 7.0 is a little high,,try knocking that back a bit,,no more than 6.8 tops.....keep us posted...can't wait to see pic..

[​IMG]

3. I use Super Thrive and Sam's Choice Deep Feeding tomato plant food 18-18-21. I gave the plants just water with epsom salt a few days ago. I have set the timer for 12/12 today. When the plants need watering again I will use 1/4 tsp. of Jack's Classic Blossom Booster 10-30-20 in a gallon of water for each plant.

Attached Files:

4. Thanks nightmareb for your support. Especially the heads up about growth during flowering. I have enough heighth in my grow area to handle a doubling of size, luckily. Sure hope more ladies turn up than gents when sex is apparent. I plan to post more pics.

5. way to go on height control...it works in your favor...plants can double,even triple in height when flowering,and elongation set in...and a close watch sure keeps it in check..

check from the 4th to about the 7th node up,,for preflower signs,,,this could give you a little edge on timing..

make sure pots are not rootbound if you intend to continue flowering,,it will affect the yield greatly..

have fun....keep up the good grow..

[​IMG]

6. The pH has to be lowered. I mixed up some dolomite lime with the watering so hopefully this will bring down the pH.
    I checked them last evening. They have really grown. The avg. height is 26". Here are some pics. What do you think? Are they doing good?

Attached Files:

7. Whoops.... Here are the ones easier to see.

Attached Files: