Dutch Group Scraps Attempt To Smoke Biggest Joint

Discussion in 'General' started by ZerO Stay Tokin, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Dutch group scraps attempt to smoke biggest joint [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wed Nov 22, 6:28 AM ET

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A plan to roll and smoke the world's largest joint was cancelled at short notice in Amsterdam when the organisers realised they could be breaking the law.

"We have now read the small print and realise there could be problems," Thijs Verheij, one of the organisers, was quoted as saying by ANP news agency after consulting Dutch drugs laws.

The group had wanted to roll a 1.5-metre long pure-weed joint, stuffed with 500 grams of marijuana and containing no tobacco, and smoke it in a bar.

It had initially thought the attempt would be legal if 100 people each brought along the five grams of the drug tolerated by Dutch authorities for personal use.

"Unfortunately it looks like this will not be possible," Verheij said. The attempt had been planned for Wednesday.

A police spokesman said: "We would definitely have investigated this. If you make a single joint with half a kilo of cannabis in it, it would cross the line."

Verheij said the group had hoped to beat a record set with a joint containing 100 grams of marijuana. [​IMG]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061122/...dutch_cannabis

2. Holy shit, I wish that actually did happen and I was in on it. Isnt that a little over a pound (450 g or so). Its in Amsterdam too so you know it would have been the dankest dank ever.

3. leave it to the authorities to ruin people's awesome ideas.

4. They should just find a private residence to do it. Its not like the smell of weed is going to alert anyone...
    I guess they wanted to make this some big thing and make a scene, hence the bar.

5. well the problem is that in order for it to be a world record you need to have witnesses or video of it.

6. Thats still managable. The problem is with those witnesses or videos, they can press charges for the act.

7. Oh man i would have just loved to see that. If i was even sharing that with people i'de most likely pass out after the 3rd hit.

8. that'd be amazing, 1.5 m long, ud have to have someone help u hold it while u hit it...:smoking:

9. they forget that thed need a buffet of munchies.

10. 500 grams lol... thats such a fucking silly amount it cracks me up. Man i'd be fucked after that doob

11. You'd need some crazy fuckin lung power to smoke that.

12. Imagine the volume of smoke that would collect inside the building...