Dutch government likely to fall soon.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Johnny Cash, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Dutch prime minister says government austerity talks collapse - Winnipeg Free Press
    Makes me a happy man. :D

2. What do you want to happen? With regards to the EU, austerity, etc?

3. Ultimately I would like to see withdrawal from the EU and austerity measures focused on the military and foreign aid. They're buying a bunch of new planes from the US (joint strike fighter) that they've already partly paid for but the costs have since gone up tremendously. The US would be pissed if we don't buy them now but I say fuck that, we don't need new planes.

4. Also, I want to see further decriminalisation of drugs so that we can cut police spending.

5. So you want government spending to stay at its current level? Just distributed differently?

6. More or less. There are some areas that can be cut but I do prefer high taxes and high government spending.

7. It's pretty much certain we'll have new elections now, although probably not until october. Still, that's 2 years earlier than planned. I like what the current polls are showing, hopefully that will last until october.

8. And there you have it. THEY FELL!
    I am happy as fuck! We're having new elections, before summer!
    The prime minister is at the queen's palace right now, handing in his resignation. :D

9. Fucking dumbass wilders and his shitty PVV

While I do see the positive sides to this move.. You are aware that Geert is doing this for his own personal reasons..

10. I doubt he'll be in the coalition at all when new elections are held. He dropped in the polls since he made this move. Who will you be voting for?

11. I don't think I'll be around for the elections :(

I'll probably already be in America by then, not entirely sure yet.

No he won't but hes just a little prick, The Netherlands will essentially have no ruling government until sometime in the Fall/Winter. The whole country will just be on hold and the plan for the austerity measures will also be put on hold etc. .

Isn't there also something about the EU fining the dutch govt. for this.

12. First I've even heard of this, but I think it is great that the Prime Minister (from what I've gathered from the thread) willingly stepped down to hold new elections when the populace called for him to do so.