Dusting off and updating my stealth cabinet. ****** CHERRY PIE GROW JOURNAL INCLUDED ******

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by StealthyBuds, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Im only running 1 fan. First pic is fans power source the white power cord im pointing to goes in the gang box and connects to the electrical wiring ( as shown in 2nd pic ). Then i take the little plug that goes into the laptop ( pic 3 ) and connect it to the fan wires ( pic 4 ).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Got the 3 prong plug installed, electrical wiring ran and connected in the gang boxes. Now time to wait till friday for some gfci outlets.

Attached Files:

3. Figured something out for the flower chamber lights. I have two 42w cfls and one 26w in some adapters and plugged into a power strip. I made a very basic adjustable light fixture with some let over wood i had and some eye hooks.

Attached Files:

4. I found something to hang the light panel with. I used paracord and tied it to the eye hooks, i then tied the other end into a slip knot to a key ring.

This is more of a rough mock up. I see a few things i am going to change for the final light panel. The placement of the eye hooks will come more to the center of the panel to reduce the spread and allow for more height. Instead of paracord ill be using small chain with a small quick disconnect rope clamp. The lights will get placed on the sides with cleat sockets and i may go with smaller bulbs if heat becomes an issue.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Imo its probably better to cut that other end off the fans power supply connection to the fan so youll be able to get a great connection by twisting wires together instead of just pushing it into the whole as shown in the pic

6. I was thinking that, or using heat shrink to hold them to the connector.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Found some daylight 60w led bublbs stashed away. May use these for the veg chamber

Attached Files:

8. There 9w not 60 they wont do alot man 36w total might grow a seedling for 1 week. Then youll nee to stwp up there lights.

• Like Like x 1
  9. My veg chamber isnt big at all. Ill probably be able to veg for only 2 weeks tops

10. During the week sometime i installed the fan and filter. I put velcro on the fans power source to keep it from making any possible noise from vibrations and will stay in position when the cabinet is moved around.

And seeing today is friday. I went and pick up a couple of things at the hardware store. I got a gfci outlet, a wall cover, some screws, and two pieces of 1in x 4in x 8ft board.

Outlet, and wall cover are installed.

So far everything works. The fan really moves some air, even with the filter on.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I echo my suggestion from the other thread; COBs are plug and play with no wiring or fans needed. $35 for my 150w version from Amazon, slightly less for the 100w - got these after seeing positive results adding two 75w models to augment my flowering setup. They draw about half of what the claimed output is and work ideally for my small enclosures. The trio in my new flower cab under the 150w are about five weeks from seed and chomping at the bit to to go on short hours; no room in my main closet led to constructing this new setup.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Went to the hardware store and picked up my last to outlets wall covers, and bought 3 more light sockets.

And last Friday when i was at the pet store i found some 25ft black airhose, and a 3inch round air stone. Might buy another one and put on under each net pot.

Attached Files:

13. Got the gfci outlets and wall covers installed. They all have power.

Next on the list is the air pump so i can run the air hose. Then hopefully close and seal the backside of the cabinet

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I ordered a growstar 150w full spectrum ufo light yesterday from Amazon.

15. How much brother??

16. For $52

I also bought the 170gal air pump today

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. #97 StealthyBuds, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Got a little surprise today. The 150w growstar light arrived. I wasnt expecting it till Tuesday.

I already got it mocked up. I had to double up the lines to give it more height. I'll probably end up swapping it out with so light weight chain so it will be able to go higher and fully adjustable.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. 150w.. how many true wall draw watts??

19. Idk. I dont have the tools to acquire that info

20. I got u.. it should be in their sale discription