Durban Poison ~~ 2nd grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by BostonKid, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Hey everyone... This is my second grow. The first was a practice and I have a better set up now. 8/10 seeds germinated but I only have space for half. I have a question for anybody with a lot of experiance... I want to sex them early by puting a bag over one branch. Is this safe for the plants or will it reduce yeild?

2. it shoulnt reduce yield, but an easier thing to do would just be grow them to 1 foot in height, then switch to 12/12 until they show, then switch back to 18/6 or whatever you use until they are as big as you want them to be. the problem with using the paper bag methos for sexing is that you would need it on there for 4 days-3 weeks(yes some plants can take that long to show sex) plus a plant that is flowerin still needs light, just less of it, so you would have to be constantly removing and replacing the bag every 12 hours. plus the light may penetrate the bag. plus the branch might die from lack of CO2. hope this helps.

3. Here is my growroom, Its a closet about 4ft wide X 7ft high. In the third picture you can see the door over the closet that leads to a 2ft high space between the ceiling and the roof of the house. Thats where I am going to blow all of the heat

Attached Files:

4. I currently have a DP grow 2 weeks from finishing. I sexed my plants at about 12" as someone else said. It takes only 7-10 days with this strain for the trained eye....2 weeks for the untrained eye. I would say cut the light down to 8 hours of light in this time and they will sex faster.

Also once you revert back to veg it will take about another week....but once this happens because the plant was in flower for a week it will grow branches and bud sights like crazy. Look at my grow journal and you will see.

5. Here is an update with some new pictures. My babies are about 1 week. These are just temporary pots.

Attached Files:

6. so far so good. follow up my DP grow and begin to drooool!!! :)

Look'n good so far man! Only about 14 more weeks for you until harvest.

7. Quick question about durban poision, anyone have experience growing outside in New Engaland with this strain?

8. I dont have much experience with this strain but just in general, its really difficult to grow MJ outside in new england. Its humid, the weather is really unpredictable here, and you might have to harvest prematurely in the fall before it gets too cold. You can try if you want but I think its better to grow indoors for the new england climate

9. Thats not a possibility right now, I would if I could.

10. You can try it if you want. I dont know how good the soil near you is but when I tried to grow outside my plant died so I would suggest planting it in a 5 gallon bucket and try that

11. DP is a fairly hardy and easy to grow strain. I would say plant it in some soil that you mix with some sand and hope for the best.

12. More pics!@ Update!

13. Looking good man, that closet is a nice place to grow. Ill be watching this one. Boston represent, haha, we have three now in this thread. Good luck.